bobby MIller

Anonymous
Sorry that I'm posting this twice, I wasnt sure where to post it:

not sure what Im doing wrong here:
feed://www.riggedproductions.com/blog/backend/geeklog.rdf

(feed)

full page:
www.riggedproductions.com/blog

Have set the feed to 0 and 1 on both the config file and the syndication page in the admin. Nothing seems to work

Wednesday, July 06 2005 @ 09:59 AM EDT
also once i figure out that problem, id like to know how to create new feeds that actually work. I had created a new one bobby.rdf in the syndication page, but no rdf file was generated. so i made one, and nothing happened. I was wondering if itd be possible to start a topic section that just posted my videos, but have that unseen on the website and only seen on the RSS seperate feed. not sure if that is possible

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hmm,

First of all: why are you using feed:// I don't think if this is a valid protocol. Firefox refuses to open it. When I change the feed:// to http:// I get a little bit farther, but geeklog.rdf is missing. So, I remove geeklog.rdf from the url and have a look in the map backend, there I see bobby.rdf, maybe you were using this file then? But it was empty.

Did you set your premission right for the directory and the file? It looks like that's the problem. Also check your filename. Make sure it is backend/bobby.rdf or backend/geeklog.rdf. I never put the feeds in the backend directry. I just put them in /.
dimis-site.be

bobby miller

Anonymous
sorry, i have no clue about code, hence all my trouble, I changed the permissions to 775 and nothing happened, i also made sure the correct .rdf file was there

also, the http:// thing doesnt work for me in safari 2.0, i have to put feed?

bobbymiller

Anonymous
this might be the problem:

in the config file i had backend/geeklog.rdf as the deafult rss feed. What this has done is update the feed in the hidden /blog directory where the config file is, not the public html that the website is viewed from, if that makes any sense

ive tried this:

// path to your site's default RSS feed
$_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . '/www/r/riggedproduc/blog/backend/geeklog.rdf';

and this:

// path to your site's default RSS feed
$_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . '/www/r/riggedproduc/htdocs/blog/backend/geeklog.rdf';

but neither worked, that should be calling it

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That path is far too long - $_CONF['path_html'] already contains the /www/... bit.

Change it back to how it was originally:
Text Formatted Code
$_CONF['rdf_file']      = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf';

And don't worry about the "geeklog.rdf", Geeklog will use the file name you specify in Content Syndication instead.

bye, Dirk

drshakagee

Forum User
And you might want to try setting your permissions to 777 if your on shared hosting.
Yes I am mental.

bobbymiller

Anonymous
changed it back. nothing works though, still, the syndication page doesnt create any pages or change anything, running the install scripts test I get:

Testing your Geeklog installation ...

Testing logs directory /www/r/riggedproduc/blog/logs/ ...
logs directory and the error.log and access.log files are okay.

Testing backend directory /www/r/riggedproduc/blog/public_html/backend/ ...
backend directory and the geeklog.rdf file are okay.

Testing userphotos directory /www/r/riggedproduc/blog/public_html/images/userphotos/ ...
userphotos directory is okay.

Testing articles directory /www/r/riggedproduc/blog/public_html/images/articles/ ...
articles directory is okay.

Testing data directory /www/r/riggedproduc/blog/data/ ...
data directory is okay.

Results: 5 of 5 tests performed: 5 successful, 0 failed.

Test passed

Congratulations! Your Geeklog site is set up properly and ready to go.

Not sure what is wrong

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content