Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, October 04 2022 @ 05:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

2 days trying to fix it.


FreakWorld

Anonymous
I was forced to move my site.
I had geeklog 1.3.9

I also had a backup of my database.
Well I uploaded the database to the new server and thin tried to update it to 1.3.11 and got that error

1060: Duplicate column name 'lft'

I seen the fix here but my host is not welling to go thou the trouble.
The site well make a new database.
Just not update the old one.

Is there some other way to get it updated.
Can I do it by hand?
If so, what needs to be changed.
 Quote

FreakWorld

Anonymous
also finding out that even with a new install, the article.php is not working on this new server.
Any Ideas.
Any links to it go to a 404 page
Text Formatted Code
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at freakworld.com
 
 Quote

FreakWorld

Anonymous
if you go strait to the article.php it well go to the index.
Go to comments and you get the 404.
Use the link in admin you get the 404 error.
changing the title don't help.
 Quote

Status: offline

Mikez

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 06/17/05
Posts: 87
I just changed my username cuz Google is tracking me.
I am still having the problums and need help.
Banging your head
 Quote

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
The 'lft' field was only introduced in Geeklog 1.3.10, so either you've already tried to run the upgrade on that database or it wasn't a 1.3.9 database to begin with. If in doubt, drop the DB, reimport your backup and try again.

The 404 error may have to do with URL rewriting - maybe your new host doesn't support it.

bye, Dirk
 Quote

Status: offline

Mikez

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 06/17/05
Posts: 87
I re did the database as much as I can by hand.
But still having a problem with the article.php.
When you click comments or anything like that.
It goes to a 404 page.
Text Formatted Code
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at freakworld.com
 


What on the server well do that?
The article.php file is there and set to 777.
This is not working even with a fresh install.
So it's not me playing with the database.

Any Ideas?
 Quote

Status: offline

Mikez

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 06/17/05
Posts: 87
It is the $_CONF['url_rewrite'].
Is there something my host can do to make it work when set to true?
 Quote

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Quote by Mikez: Is there something my host can do to make it work when set to true?

If your site is running on Apache 2, ask them to switch AcceptPathInfo to "On".

bye, Dirk
 Quote

Status: offline

Mikez

Forum User
Regular Poster
Registered: 06/17/05
Posts: 87
Cool I just let them know
 Quote

Status: offline

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
Registered: 02/10/05
Posts: 55
Location:Great White North Eh!
Quote by FreakWorld: I was forced to move my site.
I had geeklog 1.3.9

I also had a backup of my database.
Well I uploaded the database to the new server and thin tried to update it to 1.3.11 and got that error

1060: Duplicate column name 'lft'

I seen the fix here but my host is not welling to go thou the trouble.
The site well make a new database.
Just not update the old one.

Is there some other way to get it updated.
Can I do it by hand?
If so, what needs to be changed.


I too HAD the same problem but I discovered that somehow somewhere that when I upgraded once before, either my config file was not correct and was operating off the old one. Basically I never uploaded the new config file but just saved the old one on the server. Also, I remember a while ago I was installing some SR releases and when I went to upgrade to the latest version of GL I was getting errors so I just reuploaded all previous files from my original version of GL that was originally there before I started the upgrade.
Here's the interesting thing I found. In my admin block I have to chow what release version of GL I was using and it said 1.3.9 SR1 so I tried something and changed the current version to the 1.3.10 instead of what was showing in my admin block. So for some reason it was already at 1.3.10 and not the 1.3.9 SR1 and it was all because I either didn't change the config file to the new version and left my original one on. Yes I was taking a shortcut and it didn't pay off so the DB I am assuming along with the config file were not on the same page. Config was saying 1.3.9 SR1 and the DB was running 1.3.10. So in short, you can try chosing 1.3.10 as your current version instead of the 1.3.9 version. This worked for me and I am not having any problems whatsoever now. Its kind of hard to explain on here but I will explain as best I can if this is confusing. Just tell me what part you don't understand in what I have posted and I will try explaining it in a different way. Razz
I've Gone To Find Myself. If I Show Up Before I Return, Make Me Wait Here Until I Get Back.
 Quote

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:22 am.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content