Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 04:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Filemgmt 1.3 issue

samstone

Forum User
The file management 1.3 seems to be reloaded recently as if it is the final version showing on the front page of the download area, here. When I click on it to download it says 1.3rc3. LWC made a comment there and wasn't answered.

Can anyone explaine what's the problem?

Sam

Blaine

Forum User
caffeinated
Yes, can anyone Rolling Eyes
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

samstone

Forum User
I don't think anybody can explain, except yourself.

The Blaine I knew is much neater and more professional than this. Even your reply to LWC's comment further confused me. The actual downloaded file says it is 1.3RC3, and your site doesn't have 1.3, but only 1.3RC3, and your project status shows 1.3 wasn't finished... I don't want to repeat it. Either I am blind or something is definitly wrong.

Please be sure that I respect you for your intelligence and your geat contributions to Geeklog. I know that less people than you expected have expressed their greatfulness in tokens, but if you take that as disrespect, you might be wrong.

Turning the table around, as someone who have used Geeklog since 2002, I think I also deserve a little more respect than being kept hanging for so long looking at those green project status lines on your site. What can I do? Either learn php myself if I am able, pay for custom programming if I am able, or surrender to the power that be.

You didn't want others to improve your product and release it during the long wait. I hope it is not the arrival of EasyFile and phpBBBridge that made you try to push your old plugin to the front page. If you want me to explain, that is the only explanation I could get.

Your roundabout reply at the download area and the sarcastic "Yes, can anyone Rolling Eyes " reply here has futher expressed the disrespect. Of course you can do that. The power is in your hand!

My opinion is that you exsert the power a little too early. You expect the fruit before the tree is fully grown.

Sam

Blaine

Forum User
mellow
I don't know what else to say as you are both trying to make something of nothing. There has not been any further releases since 1.3RC3 as noted.

I saw that this site never actually had 1.3RC3 uploaded and so replaced the 1.2 version file with the 1.3RC3 version.

I've not had any users post a problem or security issue with 1.3RC3 that I am aware of and I am usually pretty quick at replying and supporting users. It was my expectation replacing thre 1.2 release with the 1.3 version - call it RC3 or 1.3 it's the last 1.3xxxxx release.

I did not see a reason to make a big Front Page splash as the goal was to cause less confusion for new GL users that just click and download from this site and were getting a much older version.

Anyone that knows my work knows that I post updates on my site when appropriate and most activity about my public projects is in the forum on my site. If there was something significant to have said about the file or project I would have done so.

Most times I post updates and I get little reaction. What I have learned today is you get more reaction if you post nothing Laughing

LWC's comment in an earlier post noted that the files in the 1.3 version on this site - filemgmt_1.3RC3_1.3.9 contained version 1.2 files and he also noted in his comment under the file, there had not been a release in 2 years. Both statements are wrong and I take great care in ensuring the archive filename versions are changed if I change 1 byte. It's still called 1.3RC3 since I have not changed one byte and this was so anyone running 1.3RC3 would see there was no reason to update. If I had updated the install_doc - that would have been a change and a new release - maybe 1.3 nothing but then I thought there would have been even more questions for users with 1.3RC3 about upgrading.

I don't see a need to release updates every couple months. I take pride in releasing quality plugins that do the job and serve a need.

I won't reply to your other comments as I really don't understand why they would be made - but you hurt my feelings Sad Crying or Very sad

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

samstone

Forum User
Sorry Blaine,

Now I am clear that by 1.3, you mean 1.3RC3 also. I hope others understand that way from now on.

I have used your custom service and I can tell anyone that you've always completed the project professionally and timely as promised.

Sam

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I think we should also mention that we've received a report about a security issue with the file management plugin version 1.2 (which was already fixed in 1.3) recently. But since 1.2 is over 2 years old, we didn't think it was that much of a problem.

I wasn't aware though that we still had only version 1.2 in the download area here on the site. I knew we were running on 1.2 and had only recently updated it to 1.3 because of the known issues with its search function.

So I guess part of the confusion comes from us making sure that we're really on 1.3 everywhere ...

bye, Dirk

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
I downloaded and installed the latest version of the filemgmt plugin and yes I was using the previous version. I followed all of the instructions and for some strange reason I am getting the following error:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/plugins/filemgmt/config.php on line 8

Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks in advance Smile
I've Gone To Find Myself. If I Show Up Before I Return, Make Me Wait Here Until I Get Back.

samstone

Forum User
The first step is check out what line 8 says.

Secondly, you would enjoy Geeklog, and many other php scripts, better and save a lot of time and frustrations if you stay away from Plesk. With CPanel, you wouldn't 't have this problem.

If you want to keep using Plesk, there are some workarounds that you can find in the FAQ and the forum. Just search the term "open_basedir".

Sorry for not having the time to search for you. Hope you will get it resolved.

Sam

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
I have been using Plesk for a long time and I actually request that type of hosting. I have never had a problem running another weblog software that shall remain unmentioned and it worked fine. When I switched over to GL I had some issues in the beginning and it was only because I was new to using it and didn't know all of it's capabilities and instructions were somewhat hard to follow but I did get it working flawlessly for a really long time and when I installed an upgrade I got the error. Strange as it may be, I will have to look over everything and see if it isn't because of a command line with the wrong path. In the meantime I will look again in the FAQ.
Oh ya, one last thing I do have CPanel in Plesk and it does what I need it to do Smile
I've Gone To Find Myself. If I Show Up Before I Return, Make Me Wait Here Until I Get Back.

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
Ok after back-tracking I have found out the reason why I was getting the error. The problem that was on line 8 of the config.php file of filemgmt plugin it says:

include ("filemgmt.php");

Therefore the actual path of the file needed to be inserted.
I then inserted the actual path as follows:

include ("/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php");

In conclusion, anyone that is using Plesk and getting open_basedir restrictions errors go to the file and the line it says the error is and instert the entire path of the file as shown above.
On that note, thanks samstone for your attemtp and well even tho Dirk didn't directly contribute to this issue but does help everyone in need...Thanks Bro!!! Big Celebration

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Vapour71: Ok after back-tracking I have found out the reason why I was getting the error. The problem that was on line 8 of the config.php file of filemgmt plugin it says:

include ("filemgmt.php");

Therefore the actual path of the file needed to be inserted.
I then inserted the actual path as follows:

include ("/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php");

In conclusion, anyone that is using Plesk and getting open_basedir restrictions errors go to the file and the line it says the error is and instert the entire path of the file as shown above.
On that note, thanks samstone for your attemtp and well even tho Dirk didn't directly contribute to this issue but does help everyone in need...Thanks Bro!!! Big Celebration

samstone

Forum User
Oh ya, one last thing I do have CPanel in Plesk and it does what I need it to do

Plesk and CPanel are two different annimals. You must be talking about Pleask Control Panel. There is another type of Control Panel called CPanel. That's what I am talking about.

Anyway, hope you solve your problem!

Sam

Vapour71

Forum User
Chatty
Ya sorry man. I thought you were talking about the Plesk CPanel. I got it worked out and I posted my findings to help others in case they come acros open_basedir issues. If a MOD or an ADMIN can delete the duplicate post for me I accidently hit "Post Reply" instead of EDIT Post. Sorry about that and thanks Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content