Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 05:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

story submit bookmarklets anonymous and logged in user

h-y-p-h-e-n

Forum User
I've seen these for other blog software, but not for GEEKLOG. So I spent a little bit putting a couple together.

you can visit my blog to see some explanation and the code for each.
site link they are in the Tech Help section.

alternately here they are commented with caps in the parts you need to customize.

they are setup so that the title of the page you are visiting becomes the story title, any text you have highlighted on the page becomes the intro text, and a link back to the story your submitting is placed at the end of the intro text(linked to open in a new window).

To "install" them, create a new bookmark and paste the continuous line of code into the location section.
tested in firefox 1.0.4 and i've been using them all week on my own site.

To use them, visit a site, highlight some text and click the bookmark you just made. your blog will open in a new window with the info in place.

BUGS:
anonymous posting seems to work fine
user posting has the wrong/default date, so you need to manually update the date/time before you post it. this is probably fixable, but i haven't had time to do it.

anonymous posting(you must be logged out)
Text Formatted Code

javascript:(function(){var w=window,t=document.title,x=w.open().document;x.write('<html><body onload=document.f.submit()><form name="f" action="http://YOURSITE.URL/PATH_TO_GEEKLOG/submit.php" method="post"><input type="text" size="36" maxlength="96" name="title" value='+t+'><input name=tid value="PUT YOUR DEFAULT TOPIC HERE"><textarea name="introtext" cols="45" rows="12" wrap="virtual">'+w.getSelection()+'<BR><a href="'+w.location+'" target=_blank>'+t+'</a></textarea><input name="postmode" value="html"><input type="hidden" name="type" value=story><input type="hidden" name="uid" value="2"><input type="hidden" name="date" value=""><input name="mode" value="Preview"></form></body></html>');x.close()})()

user posting (must be logged in, and make sure to use the correct UID number)
Text Formatted Code

javascript:(function(){var w=window,t=document.title,x=w.open().document;x.write('<html><body onload=document.f.submit()><form name="f" action="http://YOURSITE.URL/PATH TO GEEKLOG/admin/story.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"><input type="hidden" name="uid" value="2"><input name="publish_month" value=""><input name="publish_day" value=""><input name="publish_year" value=""><input name="publish_hour" value=""><input name="publish_minute" value=""><input name="publish_ampm" value=""><input type="hidden" name="publish_second" value=""><input type="text" size="48" maxlength="255" name="title" value='+t+'><input name=tid value="CHANGE THIS TO YOUR DEFAULT TOPIC"><input type="checkbox" name="show_topic_icon" checked="checked"><input type="checkbox" name="draft_flag" ><input name="commentcode" value="0"><input name="featured" value="0"><input name="frontpage" value="1" selected="selected"><textarea name="introtext" cols="50" rows="6" wrap="virtual">'+w.getSelection()+'<BR><a href="'+w.location+'" target=_blank>'+t+'</a></textarea><textarea name="bodytext" cols="50" rows="8" wrap="virtual"></textarea><input name="postmode" value="html"><input type="hidden" name="hits" value="0"><input type="hidden" name="comments" value=""><input type="hidden" name="numemails" value=""> <input type="hidden" name="owner_id" value="2"><input type="hidden" name="group_id" value="3"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_owner[]" value="2" checked="checked"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_owner[]" value="1" checked="checked"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_group[]" value="2" checked="checked"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_group[]" value="1"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_members[]" value="2" checked="checked"><input type="checkbox" name="perm_anon[]" value="2" checked="checked"><input value="preview" name="mode"><input type="hidden" name="old_sid" value=""></form></body></html>');x.close()})()

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content