Geeklog Forums

The Chatterblock Plugin

Page navigation

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
awake
Where can I download it?

How can I install it so that I can get PM's on my forum.

Please reply. Big Celebration

Robin

Forum User
Quote by thefilmmaker: Where can I download it?

It's right here.
Quote by thefilmmaker:How can I install it so that I can get PM's on my forum.

That's a bit tricky because this functionality has disapeared at some point and in current Forum version it isn't possible to use Chatterblock for PM (not at least without some minor hacking).
You can always install glMessenger plugin by Blaine which is fully integrated with Forum.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
Where can I get that from?

Where can I learn how to install it?

The reason I ask is because when I go to PM's from my forum i get told to install the chatterblock inorder to activate the feature. I dont care what I need to install as long as I can get it working!!!

Please respond soon.

Robin

Forum User
Quote by thefilmmaker: Where can I get that from?

From the same place you downloaded your Geeklog Very Happy
Idea How about using a search here Mr. Green
Quote by thefilmmaker:Where can I learn how to install it?

There is a nice install_doc included in the archive or you can always have a look at here
Quote by thefilmmakerRazzlease respond soon.

I hope it's been soon enough Mr. Green

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
Great thanks.

Robin

Forum User
Quote by thefilmmaker: Great thanks.

You're very welcome. Glad to help you Mr. Green

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
Sorry, I cant find glmessenger anywhere (to download) I did not download my Geeklog It was done for me by my hosting company. Can anyone help me find it si that I can download it?

Thanks.

SmackDaddy

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by thefilmmaker: Sorry, I cant find glmessenger anywhere (to download) I did not download my Geeklog It was done for me by my hosting company. Can anyone help me find it si that I can download it?

Thanks.

PortalParts site

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
angry
I tried to install the chatterblock plugin and now I get this message when I try to open my site:

Warning: main(/home/sites/best-entertainment.co.uk/public_html/home/_files/plugins/chatterblock/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/best-entertainment.co.uk/public_html/home/lib-common.php on line 5391

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/sites/best-entertainment.co.uk/public_html/home/_files/plugins/chatterblock/functions.inc' (include_path='/home/sites/best-entertainment.co.uk/public_html/home/_files/system/pear/:.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/best-entertainment.co.uk/public_html/home/lib-common.php on line 5391

I cant even open my homepage now!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
WHAT CAN I DO? Do I have to put the chatterblock files back - I deleted them to try and fix the problem?

I put the ABOVfiles in what i thought was the corrent places the clicked install on the admin - pulgins option NOW THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - above post.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The correct way to unistall a plugin is to go via the "Plugins" panel in your Admin's block - there's a "delete" option for every plugin.

Try disabling the plugin in your database (using phpMyAdmin or whatever's handy): In the gl_plugins table, find the entry for the Chatterblock and set the 'pi_enabled' field to 0.

bye, Dirk

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
Which file is this in? Where do I find the file to open - this gl_plugins table? Where can I find it?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by thefilmmaker: Which file is this in? Where do I find the file to open - this gl_plugins table? Where can I find it?

It's not a file, it's your MySQL database.

bye, Dirk

vadertech

Forum User
Quote by thefilmmaker: Which file is this in? Where do I find the file to open - this gl_plugins table? Where can I find it?

Find out from your host or host's website if you have access to mysql database or phpmyadmin.

If you can edit your database, look for gl_plugins table. Click on that and click Browse. Edit the table and for chatterblock and change pi_enabled value from 1 to 0.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have done this. I know have my site back - can I delete the chatterblock plugin from my admin panel safely now? Because I have 5 Chatterblock Blocks which I dont want!!!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by thefilmmaker: can I delete the chatterblock plugin from my admin panel safely now?

You said you removed the plugin's files. But it will need at least its functions.inc (and probably other files as well) to perform the uninstall. So you should put all files back into their places first.

Quote by thefilmmaker: Because I have 5 Chatterblock Blocks which I dont want!!!

You should be able to get rid of those from the Admin's Block panel.

bye, Dirk

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
brainy
I got rid of the block via the Admin Block control panel.

Can I not use Phpmyadmin to delete the plugin from the gl_plugin table? Instead of putting all th files back.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by thefilmmaker: Can I not use Phpmyadmin to delete the plugin from the gl_plugin table? Instead of putting all th files back.

Only if you know exactly what it changed there. E.g. the permissions tables ...

bye, Dirk

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
What do you mean? Cant I just click the bin icon next to the chatterblock plugin on the myphpadmin gl_plugins table list?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I mean that a plugin typically changes several of Geeklog's tables, including the tables dealing with permissions and that you should know exactly what you're doing before you attempt to delete anything in there.

In other words: I would not recommend to uninstall a plugin by editing the database.

bye, Dirk

Page navigation

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content