Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:57 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

User privs, Submit and Edit only not working

LostPuppy

Forum User
Junior
Ok so basicly I want a group of users that can submit without needed approval and to be able to edit what they submit (if there are errors someone finds later or something).

A while ago i tried this but it didn't work so i ended up giving them full story rights for the time being. But now i have time and want to fix it. I don't want all these people to have moderation rights for the general submissions.

So i goto create a new group and throw on story.edit and story.submit. Makes sense. They can create but they cant edit, the edit link will show up for them but when they click it, it tells them they don't have premissions.. Hmmm I think. But then i remeber that if i added submit and story admin that there was canceling out so i try just story.edit , same thing , they can submit but they cant edit , althouh they can see the edit link on their stories (not others which is good).

So then I try just story.sumiit (for fun) , they no longer have the cool submit form now just the basic (which is bad) and they don't even see the edit link (which i assumed). But i had to try it anyway just to make sure.

I also tried the above the group edit box checked. No change.

I want them to be able to edit but not moderate, how can i do this?

thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by LostPuppy: I want them to be able to edit but not moderate, how can i do this?

There are 3 seperate rights for stories:

story.submit only means that a user with that right can post directly, without their post going into the submission queue. If you give this right to an otherwise ordinary user, they will still only see the normal story submission form.

story.edit, as the name implies, lets a user edit stories (and gives them access to the Admin's story submission form). Which posts they're actually able to edit depends on the ownership of the stories and topics.

story.moderate gives someone access to the moderation queue.

Also see Setting up a Story Admin

bye, Dirk

Lost Puppy

Anonymous
ah i see topics need to be set

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:57 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content