Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 05:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Only admins can contribute

Handyman

Anonymous
I have 2 sites running geeklog.. One everyone can contribute and the other only admins can.. Both have all the same config files .. Well config.php and lib_common.php. I cant seem to find anywhere in the site itself to make this work.. I have searched the forums and seem like no one has this issue so im sure its something stupid

Thanks in advance for your help

Handyman

Anonymous
Does no one Have an idea on this?

machinari

Forum User
It seems to me that any gl installation will allow (not necessarily accept) submissions to accessible topics whether the submitter is admin or not.

that said, perhaps you have restricted topics to admin only on the one site. those topics would not allow submissions from any unauthorized submitters.

but I could be wrong. hope that helps.

Handyman

Anonymous
I just clicked on each topic and all settings i could find in the admin section and they are the same on both sites.. The only diff in the sites is the one that works fine has register_globals = Off and the one that does not work has it on like it should be... That would not affect that would it?

machinari

Forum User
I'm not quite following you... Are saying that the site with register_globals = off is functioning properly, i.e., more than just admin can submit? I cant see that happening.

anywho, if register_globals = on, that by itself won't cause a problem because that setting is necessary for full functionality.

Handyman

Anonymous
Yea the one with it off and the error showing that at the top works fine the one with it on like its supposed to be does not work.. But i guess that does not matter since it does not affect this right?

machinari

Forum User
I am seriously not following you... you have a site with register globals off, and an error at the top, and you are saying that the site works fine. ??

What is the error message being reported that you say is at the top of the page of the site that "works"?

and if register globals is on (on your not-working site) then you are correct, that isn't the problem. and I don't know what it could be in that case. All I could suggest is to recheck your config.php for access settings and what I've already suggested in my first post. sorry.

Handyman

Anonymous
You are following me just fine lol... The error at the top just says attention register globals = off and should be set to on

Anyone else know how to allow all to contribute?

Chris

Anonymous
Quote by machinari: I am seriously not following you... you have a site with register globals off, and an error at the top, and you are saying that the site works fine. ??

Same here. register_globals OFF and side looks good. But I'm the only one submitting storys here and I have admin rights. Other people only login and write comments - but that without problems.

Chris

Handyman

Anonymous
BUMP

tech

Anonymous
Quote by Chris: register_globals OFF and side looks good. But I'm the only one submitting storys here and I have admin rights. Other people only login and write comments - but that without problems.

Chris
turn register_globals = ON. see this.

Handyman

Anonymous
How many times i have to type this Register globals is ON for the site that does NOT work.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content