Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 06:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

redid installation, and now confusing errors

RagePhoenix Revisited

Anonymous
confused
Ok I had problems once so I completed started from scratch. Made sure I had working geeklog installation. (removed all installations and reinstalled geeklog too and it was fine....reinstalled phpbbbridge as well...got to the installation of the phpbb2 and that worked fine.) I'm now at the point where you log in as root admin for geeklog and goto plugins and install phpbbbridge. Everything looks normal and then after i click install this error occurs:

Warning: main(/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/public_html/phpBB2/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/public_html/phpBB2/extension.inc' (include_path='/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/system/pear/:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/plugins/phpbbbridge/functions.inc on line 72

ok so I'm confused because all the phpBB2 folders are not in the "geeklog/public_html/" folders. So my folders on my ftp go like this:

http://www.crimsonangels.net
(think it would be "/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/" in the actual coding)
- /geeklog/
- /phpBB2/

(and the way my folders are, both "/geeklog/" and "/phpBB2/" are two seperate folders)

However the error seems to indication it should be like:
http://www.crimsonangels.net
(think it would be "/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/" in the actual coding)
- /geeklog/public_html/phpBB2/

(which seems to indicate that "phpBB2" is a sub-folder under "geeklog/public_html/")

now when the directions said
Move phpBB2 to the web-accessible location of your choice. phpBB must be located on the same domain/subdomain as your Geeklog install.

does that mean the folder "/phpBB2/" should have been located to "/geeklog/public_html/" as a sub-folder instead of the same directory as "/geeklog/"?

Ragephoenix

Anonymous
excited
ok wow just figured it out...changed the "geeklog/plugins/phpbbbridge/config.php" path to phpbb from

/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/geeklog/public_html/phpBB2/

to

/home/content/c/h/e/chewbizkit/html/phpBB2/

man i'm so happy now, even though there's no responce thank you guys for the help and great installation guide. Just had to use a little extra thought in file folder organization to realize what I did wrong. Thanks again Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content