Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 07:51 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Adding Banners

Zimdaily

Anonymous
Am trying to add banner images for my adverts on my site ... Please someone Help... need to add both Horizontal banners on the header of page and Vertical ones on the sides

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Depends on where exactly you want them. You could put the top banner in a static page and make that a center block and use "normal" side blocks for the side banners. Or edit header.thtml and leftblocks.thtml / rightblocks.thtml of your theme.

bye, Dirk

jetshack

Forum User
if you're not needing the banners to be tracked you could rotate them with some simple javascript as well... fancy

tmarquez

Forum User
Regular Poster
Quote by Dirk: Depends on where exactly you want them. You could put the top banner in a static page and make that a center block and use "normal" side blocks for the side banners. Or edit header.thtml and leftblocks.thtml / rightblocks.thtml of your theme.

bye, Dirk

I've done this route and I also use phpAdsNew which seems to work nicely.
T.Marquez Jr. -
Webmaster -
www.indianapolisfilm.net - Geeklog 1.4.0sr5-1

LeBlank

Forum User
Quote by Zimdaily: Am trying to add banner images for my adverts on my site ... Please someone Help... need to add both Horizontal banners on the header of page and Vertical ones on the sides

I know this is about a month old but ... I have googleads on my site(s) and for Geeklog I was looking for a banners plugin or something similar.

Till I see one to check out I just edited the .thtml file and stuck in the banners there. I think google has a size selection thing to make code for side boxes I could just stick in a "new block" along the side.

Does that sound about right?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:51 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content