Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:36 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Email problem

ofey

Forum User
When I set my config file to,

$_CONF['have_pear'] = true;

I get,

Warning: com_isemail(Mail/RFC822.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/fjryanio/trojanswimclub.ie/lib-common.php on line 3395

Fatal error: com_isemail(): Failed opening required 'Mail/RFC822.php' (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/php/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/fjryanio/trojanswimclub.ie/lib-common.php on line 3395

I've looked in the forums and seen this problem before but can't see how to fix it. Three days ago 14/4/05 I was able to receive emails from the site now I can't. I don't know what's changed.

When I change config to

$_CONF['have_pear'] = false;

and send an email from the sit, I get a message saying message successfully sent but nothing is received. When I approve an account the new user isn't sent an email with their username and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by others doing it.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ofey: Three days ago 14/4/05 I was able to receive emails from the site now I can't. I don't know what's changed.

Is this your own server or are you hosted? In the latter case, ask your hosting service what they did.

For now, stay with $_CONF['have_pear'] = false; as that seems to at least do something and try the different methods of sending emails (SMTP, mail, sendmail - see the FAQ).

bye, Dirk

ofey

Forum User
Very Happy

Thanks Dirk,

I changed the e-mail method to smtp. Got the smtp settings from my hosting service. Everything's working fine now.

Thanks again Dirk.

Shane
Big Celebration

ofey

Forum User
thoughtful
Everything is working and I'm delighted.
But just out of curiosity, does anyone know what I might have changed or why 'mail' stopped working?

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:36 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content