Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 09:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Contact management plugins - what's the newest/best?

ydeologi

Anonymous
I searched through the forums for a while, and found conflicting information about what Contacts plugin is most current and versatile. There's an old Contact plugin in the download section (dated 2002), there's a Tom's Contact plugin dated 2003 on another website...

Is that it? Are there any others?

I'm looking to allow users to post their address, phone, email, DOB, and so forth, and to allow only other registered users in their security group to see that information.

Thanks.

Ydeologi

Anonymous
Any takers? Does anyone do this?

ppmnt

Forum User
Chatty
I'm looking for the same thing. I'm bummed that nobody has replied. I wonder if that means there is nothing newer that works with newer versions of Geeklog?

Blaine

Forum User
Why do you thiink it would not work with the latest GL release. I have not tried it but I would expect it would work fine.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

ppmnt

Forum User
Chatty
I tried an old version of the intraab plugin and got SQL errors during the install. I didn't want to mess anything up so I didn't try further.

I'm trying to find the latest version of this plugin. There is a more recent post on a newer version of this plugin (http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=8&showtopic=34743), but I can't find that file for download.

Remdotc

Forum User
Chatty
Well no one has updated since then, perhaps you could be the first.

My suggestion, go look at the update scripts that come with the Geeklog install, look at 1.3.5 or 1.3.6, then look at the differences. Change the varribles in the install for the script, get it working then post it here for everyone to enjoy

ppmnt

Forum User
Chatty
Actually, after messing with it a little more, I found that both the contacts and the intraab plugin had permission issues with how the tar ball was provided. E.g. Directories had 740 permissions, so the web server user (which in this case is not the owner) couldn't execute anything in that directory. Doh! - that was a mistake

After I figured that out I spent a lot of time messing with trying to make either one of those plugins work for my purpose, without much success. I may try to write something that works for me. If I do I'll make it work for my site first before deciding if I'll turn it into a publishable plugin though.
Giving it a try

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content