Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 10:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

huh- login issues

Bee

Anonymous
This is so weird.
Been working on setting up a GL installation for a new site for a few weeks now; all has gone well till today. I can log into the users area of my site just fine. I see the admins only block, and everything looks normal. I click on an admin function and get taken to the admin login...I log in (same credentials), briefly see a 'you are not authorised to view this page', then am taken to the admin home area. Try to click any of the functions there, and am booted back to the admin login again. Thing is, I'm the only user I have set up yet, so I can't really check out what happens with other users with different permissions.

What is really strange is that I have a few other sites on the same server. None running GL (yet); but I thought I'd try out wordpress for one of my other sites yesterday. It all worked fine- YESTERDAY, including my GL site. This morning I can't login to the wordpress admin area either...same issue, only I also can't login as a regular user. I can only assume these things are related. Both sites are added to my firewall and browser 'trusted sites' lists. All my cookie settings are right.

I'm about to head over to my hosts forums and see if I can discern anything from there...any help would be so appreciated.

my GL site is at
http://www.mommasgirl.com/gl

Bee

Anonymous
Well, uh- this seems to be a firewall issue. Dunno of exactly what flavor yet- but I just turned it off to check and I can reach all admin areas of my GL site, now off to check the wordpress. I haven't made any changes to my firewall manually (it's a Time Warner Cable provided - free- version of ZoneAlarm called 'EZfirewall'); and have had it on since long before my installations...weird.
Anyone with similar problems have advice on where to look?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I was just about to point you to this discussion ...

Also, if you're running more than one script on the same domain, make sure there are no conflicts in the cookie names.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content