Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog won't recognize me as admin after successful intallation

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
caffeinated
So, I registered as the admin with password that is indicated in the config.php. still, i am not recognized as the admin and cannot get into the admin controls. with all the frustration with getting the installation this far, did i miss something about the admin features or admin registration? should not the admin dbname and password automatically make me the admin of this CMS?

i guess i am really spoiled. i got fusion and dragonfly up in minutes, and was running the admin immediately. am i having some sort of chmod issues again?

otherguy

Anonymous
Quote by Sandi:should not the admin dbname and password automatically make me the admin of this CMS?
no, those have nothing to do with the admin. by default you have "Admin" as username and "password" as password. These password should be changed soon. the db stuff in config.php is just for db.

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
thank you so much.

i guess on my other CMSs that is how they setup, or else i set them up that way believing it did it by default and it just happened to work.

i just figured out that there was a default admin with password... somehow, i had not gotten that documentation. thank you for your help. i got it all fixed up about an hour ago. now i have to reproduce this and install in another dir! praying it will work Rolling Eyes

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content