Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:30 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

How to : Syndicate your Podcasts (its a workaround, but it's effective)

datter

Anonymous
happy
I've found a workaround for syndicating your Podcasts on your Geeklog site... it's clunky, but it works.

Create a simple html page on your server called /podcasts.html (or whatever you want) and put the links to your mp3's in there. Perhaps this page has the general look of your site, or perhaps it's a small popup window or perhaps it's got nothing in it at all except for a link back to your blog and your mp3 links... whatever you'd want to do. From there you can enter that url into the "Any webpage → podcast-friendly feed" at mfeeds-dot-com (fix the obvious in the url... my first attempt at posting here was flagged as spam) which will create a proper RSS for it, with enclosures.

So, the procedure would be:

- Create a new podcast you'd upload it to your server (/podcasts perhaps)
- Add a link to the mp3 to the simple .html document mentioned above and upload it it, overwriting your original
- Post on your blog about your new Podcast with a link to the mp3 for those who want to listen on their home computers

By the time you're done your blog post (usually instantly actually) mfeeds will have syndicated your podcast and it will be available in whatever aggregator people use (I tested it with ipodder).

You might of course also want to include the link to your mfeed generated RSS in each blog post dealing with podcasts, so people who find you via your blog directly can subscribe to the feed.

Like I said, not the most ideal solution but it does work. If anyone has any ideas on how to make mfeeds work with regular geeklog posts, or even static pages that would be great.

Hope this helps someone,
datter

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sorry about your previous 2 attempts being rejected as spam Rolling Eyes

You used yourserver DOT com as an example domain name, but that one is listed in MT-Blacklist. Better use "example.com" for sample URLs - it exists for exactly that purpose.

bye, Dirk

datter

Anonymous
heh, no problem I figured it was something like that and example.com hadn't occured to me. I persisted as I thought this *might* help anyone desperate for a podcast set up. Smile

datter

Andy

Anonymous
Dirk (or others) -- let's say I have an XML feed with MP3 eclosures (RSS 2) from another source (Audioblog, in this case) and I want to include it as syndicated content on my GL site. When I include that feed on my 1.3.9 GL site, what appears are some links back to my own site, but nothing that looks like the content was expecting.

Andy.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:30 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content