Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 12:32 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can not get GL on a Godaddy webserver

timmyraz

Forum User
embarrassed
I go through the installation process and then:
Template Error: set_root: /home/content/t/i/m/timmyraz/html/geeklog/public_html/layout/XSilver is not a directory.
Halted.
I have read throught the DOCs and changed the path to the public_html(after deleting the database to recreate it 30 times).
You will have to forgive me...I am not a Nix guy and no nothing about databases but this product is so kick ass that I would like to get it running. I would like to get an expert opinion of what I am doing wrong.
Thanks a ton,
Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
No need to recreate the database every time - it's strictly a path problem.

So I assume you saw this: Template Error: set_root: ... is not a directory. Halted.

What exactly is your problem now?

bye, Dirk

timmyraz

Forum User
Thanks Dirk,
The website will not come up for one.
Here is the web site....www.megabiteusa.com (I have a fishing guide service in north east Wisconsin).
I can not browse to any pages yet when I run the "check.php" everything is cool. When I try to navigate to www.megabiteusa.com I get....
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.megabiteusa.com Port 80

Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, are you sure you have everything in the proper directories? When I try http://www.megabiteusa.com/index.php I get a "No input file specified." message (wherever that comes from). There doesn't seem to be an "admin" directory there either ...

bye, Dirk

timmyraz

Forum User
I decompressed GL on my PC then up-loaded everything to the server the way it decompressed. There is an admin directory. The Database installed and that had to throught the admin directory. When it came to the final step of the database creation is when I got the original error.
I will email the config off topic.
Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, using the URL you've set as $_CONF['site_url'] I get the error message you originally quoted. But there doesn't seem to be an "XSilver" directory on your site.

Did you install that theme? If not, please stick with

$_CONF['theme'] = 'professional';

for now (that theme does seem to exist on the site).

bye, Dirk

timmyraz

Forum User
NO.
I didn't put that theme on. All I did is let the install default to whatever is listed then made the changes to the appropriate sections of the config.php.
I will change it and see what happens.
Tim

timmyraz

Forum User
Dirk
This is what I get when I go to http://www.megabiteusa.com/geeklog/public_html/inex.php
*** dummy entry ***
Sat Apr 2 06:42:17 2005 - 1146: Table 'megabiteusa.gl_plugins' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT pi_name FROM gl_plugins WHERE pi_enabled = 1
Sat Apr 2 06:46:27 2005 - 1146: Table 'megabiteusa.gl_plugins' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT pi_name FROM gl_plugins WHERE pi_enabled = 1
Sat Apr 2 08:08:03 2005 - 1054: Unknown column 'STORY_ARCHIVE_ON_EXPIRE' in 'where clause'. SQL in question: SELECT sid,tid,title,expire,statuscode FROM gl_stories WHERE (expire Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Since you said you reinstalled the database several times and the times in these log entries are several hours apart - what is the latest entry in your error.log?

Or maybe you should just try and go through the database setup one more time (drop the db, create a new one, run the install script).

bye, Dirk

timmyraz

Forum User
I'm trying that as we speak.
Thanks

If this doesn't work how much would it take for you to jump into this and make it right?

Tim

timmyraz

Forum User
Well Dirk
I had a successful installation of the datbase. It actually took me to the sucess.php page.
I can not yet get to index.php.
here is the error:
Sat Apr 2 08:27:19 2005 - 1054: Unknown column 'STORY_ARCHIVE_ON_EXPIRE' in 'where clause'. SQL in question: SELECT sid,tid,title,expire,statuscode FROM gl_stories WHERE (expire
This is frustrating to say the least.
Tim

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
STORY_ARCHIVE_ON_EXPIRE is defined as a constant in config.php. Make sure you don't have a parse error in your config.php

bye, Dirk

timmyraz

Forum User
How do I find out about parse errors in the config.php?
Remember you are chating with a non-unix guy. I am fumbling through this.
You can now browse through some of the pages but you get the error trying to go to the index.php page.
Would it be better if I gave you FTP access to the server?
I am willing to pay.
Tim

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:32 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content