Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:05 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Visitor stats 404 problem

DethStruck

Anonymous
I can get the Visitors Stats block to show up but when I access the Admins Only section for VS the image located at : http://www.dethstruck.com/stats/images/stats.gif does not show up. It shows up as a broken image but it is still clickable... which leads to the other part of the story:

If I click it or the VS link under User Functions(they both lead to the same place) I get a 404 error.

For the record, the /stats/ directory is there under the main html directory.

I am using Blue Evolution as my standard theme. I changed it back to the base theme and the same thing occurs.

Got any ideas?

tomw

Forum User
Are the files in the stats directory and are they readable by the web server?

Look at the url that gives you a 404 and verify that the appropriate files are there and readable. If the url is wrong look at your configuration.

DethStruck

Anonymous
The files are in the stats directory and they are readable by the web server.

I checked the url and the appropriate files are there and they are readable.

The odd part is that the VS block shows up and it has stats in it. The admin page with which names, IPs, and pages is accessible. I just can't access the link for VS which you click on in User Functions or via the image(which shows a broken link) in Admins Only.

I've checked permissions for these files and it is 755. I've also deleted and uploaded the files again. Even using different sources just in case it was a corrupt download.

Some more info:

My GL is set up with the config files one directory up from the public_html. Is there anything in the setup of VS that would make this unusable? Everything I've seen looks like it uses GL's config file to get the paths.

machinari

Forum User
maybe it has something to do with the fact that your stats dir is protected.

DethStruck

Anonymous
How is my stats dir protected? The only part that doesn't work is the public_html part.

Am I missing something?

machinari

Forum User
i took a look for the image in question and just get the server's login box.

DethStruck

Anonymous
I think it has just dawned on me that my host uses a domain/stats directory and I will have to change the name of VS... Doh! - that was a mistake

DethStruck

Anonymous
I changed it to ds_stats and manually changed all the other stuff and got it working.

Thanks for the assist.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:05 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content