Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:29 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Visitor Stats Block

Arcanum

Forum User
Junior
I wanted to add a block for visitor stats on a site (www.toyokoroedu.com) I've been making. I looked around and found the Visitor Stats plugin and was going to install it, but I was wondering if it is already installed somewhere in GL 1.3.11 (the version I'm using). The reason I ask is because I noticed that if I go to www.toyokoroedu.com/stats I'm shown a statistics page, but I can't find where it is installed. It's not in the plugin list and there isn't anyplace in the administration where I can edit anything to do with that stats page that I found.

How and where is this page being generated? Can I somehow take that information to put it in a simple stats block? My client just wants a block listing total unique visitors, so I imagine it shouldn't be that hard. But I'm not sure if some form of the stats plugin is already installed in GL 1.3.11 or if I should just go ahead and install the Visitor Stats plugin.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

vadertech

Forum User
The visitor stats plugin is not built in. All mysite.com/stats shows is basic stats about the site. (total hit, forum posts, users, etc) The visitor stats plugin will show every hit to the website including ip address, hostname and referer.

As for displaying this in a block, check here
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

Arcanum

Forum User
Junior
OK, so the stats plugin isn't installed. I was just a little confused by that stats page at first. I'm going to install the plugin and see how it goes. However, since my client just wants the total number of hits displayed in a block, is there any way for me to get the counter that is displayed after "Total Hits to the System" in the stats page put into a block? I've been looking around trying to find where that stats page is being made, but I haven't found it yet. If I could find it and just get that number to be displayed in a block that would suit my needs for now, until I get the Visitor Stats plugin up and running.

Thanks.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:29 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content