Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help NEEDED

thefilmmaker

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have installed the Geeklog Forum - all working well except that now when I want to post replies and stuff the address misses out my site url. When I add my site URL to the beginning it just takes me back to the page I have come from.

EXAMPLE:
When I click on post a reply to a thread, it takes me to the correct page. I can fill out my reply as normal, but when I click on submit or preview it takes my site URL from the front of the address it is going to and therefore says the page does not exist????

Please someone help me.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Is this the same error you were having in this thread?

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
Not quite. I can do all the admin stuff now, but its the normal adding posts and threads that no user can do - not even the admins!!!

It just does not link to my site.

machinari

Forum User
yes yes, this seems to be your original problem... whatever fix you applied for that seems to have only been partially effective (what was that fix btw?). perhaps you need to look for the source of the problem and fix it there.

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
I just put in the address of my site before the address it gave me when I wanted to do something - but I have to do it each time.

However I tried this with this problem and it did not work, it just returned me to the forum again, but nothing had happened. So if I wanted to post a thread I coulld wrie about it and all, but when I click post it stopped - I would fix the address in the address box - and it would return me tot he forum again, but the thread would not be added.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
Would you mind giving us your site address so we can see what it is doing?

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
o.k Its:

www.mironline.co.uk

Please see if you can fix it.

rjrufo

Forum User
Regular Poster
You're still having the same problem as before. Notice the "//index" in the following URL:
Text Formatted Code
 http://mironline.co.uk//index/forum/createtopic.php

I spent a few minutes looking at your site, and figured that you must have GL within a directory called index. Not a problem, but your forum wants to add another / before index. Remove the extra / and you should be good to go.

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
I'm sorry - I see that you posted something, but when I try it wont let me, even when I get rid of the extra /. Could it be my account (admin)???

mach

Anonymous
that extra slash looks to be in your config.php. recheck your paths.
the site_url shouldn't end in a slash. Only paths, not urls, should end in a slash.
try that
I think Dirk suggested that in the other thread

thefilmmaker

Anonymous
Thanks everyone the problem seems to be fixed.

mach

Anonymous
and how did you fix it?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Quote by mach: that extra slash looks to be in your config.php. recheck your paths.
the site_url shouldn't end in a slash. Only paths, not urls, should end in a slash.
try that
I think Dirk suggested that in the other thread

most common

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content