Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Gallery integration

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Hey all,
Ok, I've got Gallery 1.4.4 up and running. Everything looks ok, but how do i get gallery to use the same db as GL? I don't want my members to have to log in once to use the site then a second time to use the Gallery. I followed the Gallery install, no problems there. Should it have automatically used the GL database or did i miss something? any suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks,
Rich

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Ok, the site is
Center Point City

feel free to log in using my test account and try the galleries. as you'll notice the username and password don't carry over, but require one to long in again. What am I missing here? (Other than content...)

user: testacct
pass: test1

this happens when i log in with the administrator account for my site as well... nothing's there..

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Gallery 1.x does not use the database (G2 will) all settings are in config.php.

i think you may have your galleries link wrong...

http://cpc.landsharks2.org/gallery works just fine without asking for a login. you could just switch all the content to this directory from site/cpc/gallery if it exists (where the gallery may be misconfigured or not properly embedded) .

Cheers!

Ajay

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Ok, then i'm a lot confused.

First off, I use my logins (either my admin or test) then click on the galleries link and am brought to a gallerieis screen that looks like my home page whn not logged in but it says galleries.. (I get topics, user functions, and that's it.) I don't seem to b generating any errors, so what gives?

secondly, I log in as admin to my GL account, but don't have any options for adding galleries or photos, it just says, "no albums, no images". why can't i get a link to add albums?

thoroughly confused...

rich

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
check the config.php in site/cpc/gallery and make sure the site and album URLs reflect this path. if thats not it, its a bit hard for me to tell.

hope that helps.

ajay

ps: the geeklog admin account is separate from the gallery admin account. however in the embedded mode, the geeklog root automatically gets gallery admin rights. you may have to carefully go through the gallery install config again if the above does not work.

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Ok, I just moved the albums and tmp directories to within my galleries. do the following look correct?

$gallery->app->albumDir = "/home/*****/public_html/cpc/gallery/albums/";
$gallery->app->tmpDir = "/home/*****/public_html/cpc/gallery/tmp/";
$gallery->app->photoAlbumURL = "http://www.landsharks2.org/cpc/gallery";
$gallery->app->albumDirURL = "http://www.landsharks2.org/cpc/gallery/albums";

btw, thanks much Ajay, you're help is much appreciated!

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Got it! finally.. but! not I'm getting this when I go to add albums and photos:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/lands2/public_html/cpc/gallery/classes/User.php on line 211

machinari

Forum User
Quote by ajzz: Gallery 1.x does not use the database (G2 will) all settings are in config.php.
This doesn't sound quite right... I have gallery 1.44pl2 or something like that running on two sites and both have no problem using gl's login stuff. login to the site and gallery is good to go.
Just my two cents

ajzz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Argus1, if it helps, my auto-created config.php does not have trailing slashes at the end of the first two paths (dont know if that makes a diff). Also the tmp files may need to be world writable - can you check the gallery docs on that, its been a while for me? I use /tmp.

Quote by machinari:
Quote by ajzz: Gallery 1.x does not use the database (G2 will) all settings are in config.php.
This doesn't sound quite right... I have gallery 1.44pl2 or something like that running on two sites and both have no problem using gl's login stuff. login to the site and gallery is good to go.
Just my two cents

Machinari, point well taken - pardon the lack of articulation. That should have read:

Gallery does not store its settings in the database and would not need a separate database for itself (although as machinari says, it does pull user info and such from the gl database).

Cheers!

Ajay

Argus1

Forum User
Junior
Ok, Yeah, I'm a moron... there's a difference between www and cpc.

thanks for the help all, and for putting up with me...

Rich

SOnny

Anonymous
Can you detail the steps you followed to get Geeklog and Gallery to play nice?

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content