Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 01:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

problems editing stories after upgrade

usarfans

Forum User
Junior
Hello,

First, thanks for the help last night solving some site hack violations. I got the site upgraded to ver 1.3.11 this morning with minimal bloodshed and it's back online.

So far the only problem I have seen is when I try to add a new story. I created the story and saved it as a draft. Later, I went back to "un-draft" it and received the following error -

"The ID you chose for this story is already in use. Please use another ID."

I am using a theme based 99% on the old theme called Smooth Blue. Only slight header and color choice modifications made.

Initially after the install, the site also complained about the lack of certain 'archivestory*.thtml' files, which were not present in my version of the Smooth Blue theme. I downladed the old theme tar from here and extracted and uploaded the 2 missing .thtml files. and then the site worked properly - well except for the current ID problem.

I read the forum and found only one other discussion of this particular error. I followed the suggestions and uploaded the "Professional" theme .thtml files into my themes folder.

Still the same error when trying to convert a draft story into a live story.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lou

knuff

Forum User
Hi,

Dunno which theme files you replaced, but it is mots probably related to your theme.

Do the following:

Switch to the professional theme that came with the upgrade (e.g. by selecting it in your user preferences or just for a little while in config.php).

If it works then, it is your theme that needs to be updated as outlined in this FAQ

If it does not work with the standard professional theme, and you are sure you did not use the theme ID before, just come back here Mr. Green

Greetz,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

usarfans

Forum User
Junior
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I reloaded the theme with the most recent files and then added my minor changes. Now it all seems to be working fine.

I like some of the "new changes" that this version offers! I was stuck on an older version out of ignorance and fear to make the upgrade, but I think I'll be glad that I did!

Thanks to the forum for helping out us less-gifted users Laughing

Lou

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content