mysitemain

Forum User
stupid
Does Squatty's phplinks plugin currently work with GL 1.3.11 without modification?

If modification is required, can someone direct me to the instructions if there are any?

I have seen this question asked several times, but nobody seems to have provided an answer yet.

Thanks a bunch.

dgaussin

Forum User
Junior
I included PHPLinks plugin in my GL 1.3.11 but I can't remember if I had some problems. Anyway it works now...

RemdotC

Anonymous
Should work. Most plugins from 1.3.5 on will work with a bit of tweaking. I suggest looking at the very latest release of phplinks, (its kinda old) then adding the new code to the old. The very latest changes in the last release of php_links for 1.3.8 will give you the ares of code you need to modify in Geeklog 1.3.11. Finally, release your finnished product back to the community (here)

Nicholas

Anonymous
Hi,

I tried phplinks 2.1.2 (last tested with GL1.3.9) with a fresh install of GL1.3.11 but I can't seem to get lib-common.php file from the phplinks package to work at all when replaced? Site can't display at all with error 1024.

Would someone be kind enough to advise me a working lib-common.php copy for GL1.3.11 with phplinks integrated? Or can someone point me to where are the code edits required in GL1.3.11's lib-common.php for it to work with phplinks.

Thanks
Nicholas

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Nicholas: I tried phplinks 2.1.2 (last tested with GL1.3.9) with a fresh install of GL1.3.11 but I can't seem to get lib-common.php file from the phplinks package to work at all when replaced?

lib-common.php is probably the file that changes the most between Geeklog releases, so using a lib-common.php from another version is a sure recipe for disaster.

Try comparing the lib-common.php from the phplinks package against the original lib-common.php from 1.3.9 to figure out what has actually changed (I assume it's a lot, though, or Squatty would have provided patching instructions instead of simply shipping a modified version).

HTH

bye, Dirk

Nicholas

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk,

I took a breather, sat down and compared the lib-common.php files carefully for the differences and edited them slowly and it works now.

Nicholas