Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, October 06 2022 @ 08:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHPLinks in 1.3.11


Status: offline

mysitemain

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 08/11/03
Posts: 5
stupid
Does Squatty's phplinks plugin currently work with GL 1.3.11 without modification?

If modification is required, can someone direct me to the instructions if there are any?

I have seen this question asked several times, but nobody seems to have provided an answer yet.

Thanks a bunch.

 Quote

Status: offline

dgaussin

Forum User
Junior
Registered: 06/01/03
Posts: 16
I included PHPLinks plugin in my GL 1.3.11 but I can't remember if I had some problems. Anyway it works now...
 Quote

RemdotC

Anonymous
Should work. Most plugins from 1.3.5 on will work with a bit of tweaking. I suggest looking at the very latest release of phplinks, (its kinda old) then adding the new code to the old. The very latest changes in the last release of php_links for 1.3.8 will give you the ares of code you need to modify in Geeklog 1.3.11. Finally, release your finnished product back to the community (here)

 Quote

Nicholas

Anonymous
Hi,

I tried phplinks 2.1.2 (last tested with GL1.3.9) with a fresh install of GL1.3.11 but I can't seem to get lib-common.php file from the phplinks package to work at all when replaced? Site can't display at all with error 1024.

Would someone be kind enough to advise me a working lib-common.php copy for GL1.3.11 with phplinks integrated? Or can someone point me to where are the code edits required in GL1.3.11's lib-common.php for it to work with phplinks.

Thanks
Nicholas
 Quote

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Quote by Nicholas: I tried phplinks 2.1.2 (last tested with GL1.3.9) with a fresh install of GL1.3.11 but I can't seem to get lib-common.php file from the phplinks package to work at all when replaced?

lib-common.php is probably the file that changes the most between Geeklog releases, so using a lib-common.php from another version is a sure recipe for disaster.

Try comparing the lib-common.php from the phplinks package against the original lib-common.php from 1.3.9 to figure out what has actually changed (I assume it's a lot, though, or Squatty would have provided patching instructions instead of simply shipping a modified version).

HTH

bye, Dirk
 Quote

Nicholas

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk,

I took a breather, sat down and compared the lib-common.php files carefully for the differences and edited them slowly and it works now.

Nicholas
 Quote

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:15 pm.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content