Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:09 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

White Pointer and Forum Layout

thisjustin

Anonymous
The White pointer theme does not work with forum plugin. I have transferred necessary files and updated the stylesheet, it works fine with my other themes but with white pointer the spacing is never right and the forum legend appears below all the left blocks instead of below the forum block in the centre.

What can I do to fix this?

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
Are themes always going to be such a serious issue? I just uploaded four, and not of them work. am I stuck with Professional only? I have a very strange thing happen often when I try to evoke a theme dir. suddenly, it shuts off that dir and there are no more permissions. it has happened in professional too. must be a security thingy with my server or this program. I chmod dir at 755, then Professional works. But none of the other themes/skins are working.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Sandi: I have a very strange thing happen often when I try to evoke a theme dir. suddenly, it shuts off that dir and there are no more permissions. it has happened in professional too. must be a security thingy with my server or this program. I chmod dir at 755, then Professional works.

This is certainly not something Geeklog does.

As for making older themes work, see the documentation.

bye, Dirk

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
i think that it has to be a security setup on my server ... because, as some were evoked, pop, pop, pop, there they all went, access denied, and i had to reset the dir to get into them again. thinkhost.com must have some security setting, and whatever executes hits a threshold with it.

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
i spoke too soon. professional theme just locke me out. went into professional to see what these "new templates" were suppose to be, and it said ACCESS DENIED! the executes were all shut off again, so i set the OWNER to execute and then it worked. but the pics did not come in. rwx+rw+rx seems to be the only permission that lets the theme fully work. is this correct? my server must think this high security to be turning it off all the time. i will talk to them about it later.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
As I wrote above, this is not something Geeklog does. Geeklog only needs read access to the entire layout directory anyway.

If it's really your server doing this then something in that server's configuration is really ... odd (to avoid stronger words) ...

bye, Dirk

Sandi

Forum User
Chatty
well, it has been an uphill battle. i got everything running perfect, then, it started to disappear and i thought i had a hacker... as i watched a bunch of activity on my filezilla. yesterday i had clearly cancelled an order with my server to install geeklog+ in my root dir. the other techie did not get the message, he started to delete everything. LOL. well, i put it all back up, and rechmoded, and now it is running really stable. i got a good group of 9 themes, and i am going back and forth, and there is no funny biz going on anymore. so, there might have been a 755 where a 775 was necessary. dunno, just a guess. it is a very swell looking program, and seems relative simple once inside the program.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:09 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content