Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 05:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Question regarding blocks...

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Ok I am attemping to create a geeklog site about spyware. I wrote a book on how to use the best free programs with step by step picture installations. One of the first problems I am encountering is that you can only put up 5 images per page. Some of the instruction sets have 10 or more pictures... Is there a way that every 5 pictures with instuctions I can put a "Next Page" link and it'll pull up the next page of instructions? Also when I create the block I want to be able to put links that refer to each instruction set, upon one becoming a member and registering the links would be available to you... How do I create links within a made block that will pull up content in the middle of the page?

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by inquest750:One of the first problems I am encountering is that you can only put up 5 images per page.

This one I can answer. Look for
Text Formatted Code
// Story Settings
$_CONF['maximagesperarticle']   = 5;

in config.php and change that to what you want, then check the config.php Docs for other available options.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
Awesome... thanks for the start!

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by inquest750: Is there a way that every 5 pictures with instuctions I can put a "Next Page" link and it'll pull up the next page of instructions? Also when I create the block I want to be able to put links that refer to each instruction set, upon one becoming a member and registering the links would be available to you... How do I create links within a made block that will pull up content in the middle of the page?

You can use static pages, like this site has done. Then set the permissions so that only members can see the content. And notice the block named Local Content.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content