Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 04:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

User names with spaces

warren

Forum User
Chatty
I have had my site up for a while and have had no problems with user names that had spaces till now. I installed the phpmychat plug in and this will not accept spaces in the user names. If you click on the account information after you have logged in It says right there that the user name can not have spaces but if you click on the create an account before you are logged in it does not say anything about spaces.

I would like to add this in big red letters to the new account page. I am just wondering if anyone has suggestions how to do this and what file it is located in.

TIA

warren

Forum User
Chatty
I found it
In the lanquage files of all places Doh! - that was a mistake I just added on to the end of the text. " DO NOT USE SPACES IN YOUR USER NAME

jlawrence

Forum User
Chatty
hmmm, the number of users I've berated for putting spaces in their usernames. Not a single user has ever pointed out to me that the registration pages didn't say no spaces.

www.plymouthcricketclub.com - providing cricket for all ages in the Plymouth area.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
We should probably be stripping the spaces out of usernames automagicallly anyway. Warren, could you submit a bug report on this issue.

-Vinny

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
To my knowledge, Geeklog itself works just fine with spaces in usernames.

There is actually a bug report already: username may contain dumb chars. Instead of opening a new one, simply add a note about the spaces.

bye, Dirk

warren

Forum User
Chatty
Will do thanks guys.

And Dirk My site did work just fine with the spaces untill I added the phpmychat plug in.

k74

Forum User
curious
Question I have a few users with spaces in thier names. I am using GL1.3.11, and have had no complaints as of yet. Is this something that I should address or is it something I should not worry about?

It has worked with all my plugins so far (forum, dailyquote, chatterblock, private messenger, easyfile, zclassifieds, FAQ Manager)

Regards

Kev Very Happy
Live everyday as if it was your last!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content