Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 01:16 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum: Topic nav bar issues

averageyoungman

Forum User
Chatty
Hello,

Searched both portalparts and GL for something regarding this but couldn't find anything.

I have been skinning my forum, and I am getting some strange UI in the Topic navigation bar at the bottom of the topic list. Does anyone know where I can edit the layout for that? In the topiclistfooter files there is only one reference to a "{pagenavigation}" variable, and it would be nice if I knew where to perform the edits. It only appears when the maximum numbers of topics is reached, but I would like to remove some characters from it.
--aym

averageyoungman

Forum User
Chatty
Hello again,

So there are posts about this. Sometimes I search in the wrong forum by accident. If anyone wants to know how to edit the site wide pagination, you have to hack at COM_printPageNavigation in lib-common.php. There you can customize how the UI gets output to HTML. I am told that you should back up your hack so you have it if you update GL, as it will be overwritten.

I am however, still seeing some erroneous " | " characters. I thought maybe that they were being passed in via some forum code stuffed in one of the parameters, but I have yet to find where that is. If anyone knows please pass it on.

Thanks,

aym
--aym

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:16 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content