Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 04:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

* SOLVED * stories not being edited

jjkiesch

Forum User
i seem to be having a problem, everytime i go to edit a story on my site, it shows the changes i have made, but after i have saved it, everything goes back to the way it was. it doesn't give me any kind of error message either to say that anything is wrong.

what could be wrong?

jjkiesch

Forum User
by searching through other places on the site, i believe i have come to the conclusion that it has something to do with my template.

i went through the template help section where it talks about upgrading and i thought i did what it was saying, and it still doesn't work. maybe i'm doing something wrong... i found it hard to understand

knuff

Forum User
Hi Jjkiesch,

The best way to make sure that it is template related is try to duplicate the problem with the professional theme. If the problem does not exist on the professional theme you can be sure it is template related.

From the documentation

The story editor, admin/story/storyeditor.thtml includes new options for the story archiving and for editable story IDs. It is recommended to make a copy of this file and re-apply any changes you may have made to your copy again afterwards!

Since this one is most probably not that very much customized, just copy the professional one in place and maybe your already done.

If not, just do as the docu says, apply the changes to the new one and not the other way round.

Greetz,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

Brian

Anonymous
This was exactly the problem I had and replacing the storyeditor file with the copy from "professional" fixed it.

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content