Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 07:42 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Emails not working, page blank

derekhed

Anonymous
determined
I am trying to send emails from my geeklog site. I swear I used to get these, but I have very little traffic and have modified things in the meantime...

I am running PHP 5.0.3, Apache 1.3.33, MySQL 4.1.10, and geeklog 1.3.11. I get the following error when trying to 'Mail story to friend' for an example of what's happening:
Text Formatted Code
Warning: COM_mail(Mail.php) [function.COM-mail]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/derekhed/Sites/geeklog/lib-common.php on line 3452

Warning: COM_mail() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Mail.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /Users/derekhed/Sites/geeklog/lib-common.php on line 3452

Warning: COM_mail(Mail/RFC822.php) [function.COM-mail]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Users/derekhed/Sites/geeklog/lib-common.php on line 3453

Warning: COM_mail() [function.include]: Failed opening 'Mail/RFC822.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /Users/derekhed/Sites/geeklog/lib-common.php on line 3453

Fatal error: Class 'Mail' not found in /Users/derekhed/Sites/geeklog/lib-common.php on line 3466

I am sure this is going to be a snap for someone here to make me feel like an idiot. I have checked my PHP variables and the path to sendmail is correct, and register_globals is on.

I CAN send email from other sites on the same box, so this seems specific to my geeklog installation.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Drekko the Insane

derekhed

Forum User
stupid
Apparently I DON'T have pear installed. Doh! - that was a mistake
Changed the line in my config.php and all is well. Read the FAQ

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:42 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content