Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 06:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

theme help?

thechadd

Anonymous
I have an old theme that I've been carrying along from upgrade to upgrade and its starting to fall apart! I want to keep my basic theme and have managed to keep the old header/footer and some of the style info and it ALMOST works but I lost the borders around blocks and stuff when I upgraded. I ported in a lot of the professional theme files as I was getting errors.

Any sucker wanna take a look at my site and give me a heads up on fixing my theme?

knuff

Forum User
I gues in order for that sucker to help you it would be good to list the following.

What theme are you using ?
A global available one or one you made yourself ?

What problems are you experiencing ?

Are you willing to mail / make public available your theme ...

What´s your URL ?

Maybe then you get a sucker to help you Mr. Green
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

Anonymous
I think the theme I originally copied from was called alfie-george, and it was based off yet another transparent theme.

When I upgraded to the new geeklog version my theme was broken and it said I was missing files so I've tried to merge the professional default theme with my old theme to get the look I had back (and it almost works!).

Problem is that the borders around blocks aren't working.

I have no problem sharing the theme, in fact I think its pretty cool if I could clean it up I'd love to share it. I'll PM you my URL since I can't handle much traffic if you want to take a look Smile.

machinari

Forum User
alfiegeorge (my son, btw) has been upgraded to function with the 1.3.10 template changes. you can find it as alfiegeorge2 at summitpages.ca.
It is also in the download section here at geeklog.net.

hope that helps

thechadd

Forum User
ahh terrific! I'll try to mod the new version and make sure you give it your thumbsup! Smile

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content