Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 06:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL2 Themes?

i2eeD

Forum User
Junior
Howdy all, first original post of mine here, but figured I'd start somewhere.

Anyways, I am working on a very, very customized theme for GL 1.3.11 and I was wondering if I should even put forth the effort if the themes are going to be so drastically different with GL2? Thanks.
Are you not entertained?

i2eeD

Forum User
Junior
Bump =)
Are you not entertained?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Don't expect GL2 in the near future. Themes will be different in GL2, if for no other reason then we're using a different templating engine.

-Vinny

P.S. Please wait a couple days before "bumping"...

i2eeD

Forum User
Junior
My apologies on the bump, being a forum-whore for six years now, I should have known better, lol.

Anyways, I'll commence with the theme I am working on. Do you by chance know how easy it will be to port them to GL2 when released?
Are you not entertained?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by i2eeDBig Grino you by chance know how easy it will be to port them to GL2 when released?

No clue yet. The details of theming are still be worked out. However, at the very least I know there will be alot fewer theme files.

-Vinny

Esilbe1

Anonymous
angelic
Can you apply geeklog to your own theme or prebuilt website?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Esilbe1: Can you apply geeklog to your own theme or prebuilt website?

I'm not sure what you mean. You certainly can alter Geeklog's theme to match the style/color of an existing web page. You might even be able to re-use a CSS style sheet to a limited extent.

-Vinny

Esilbe1

Anonymous
I probably should be more clear. I want to attach Geeklog to an existing site: http://www.realitynutrition.com, which is built with CSS. I want to use it as a CMS. Is that possible?

drshakagee

Forum User
Quote by Esilbe1: I probably should be more clear. I want to attach Geeklog to an existing site: http://www.realitynutrition.com, which is built with CSS. I want to use it as a CMS. Is that possible?

Sure, you would just have to edit your template files and such, since your site is all css already it shouldn't too much trouble.
Yes I am mental.

Jens

Anonymous
cheerful
Quote by Esilbe1: I probably should be more clear. I want to attach Geeklog to an existing site: http://www.realitynutrition.com, which is built with CSS. I want to use it as a CMS. Is that possible?

You need to clean up your DHTML menus. They don't work in Firefox 1.0.1. Sad

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content