Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 07:36 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

problem with submit.php and Mixed Direct Story Entry and Submission Queue Entry

Tim

Anonymous
1) I have set up topic_admin groups with story edit, story moderate and story submit selected but where normal users have read access
2) I have set up topics with topic_admin groups with read edit rights but restricted member rights

3) I have assigned users to these topic_admin groups

My problem:

I would like members to be able to place stories on the submission queue even if they don't have member rights to topics but anonymous users have read rights to.

This would mean that members that don't have topic rights would still have to see the topic in the submit.php but when they submit the story it should not be saved to the topic area but placed on the story submission queue -- unless of course they have story edit / moderation rights.

Robin

Forum User
Quote by Tim:
I would like members to be able to place stories on the submission queue even if they don't have member rights to topics but anonymous users have read rights to.

Unfortunately you can't have both. First you create a topic that is restricted to members and then you want members to submit stories to that topic.
If you create a group, then you create a topic assigned to this group, then this topic is visible only to that group members, bearing in mind that you restricted regular members access to that topic.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

Tim

Anonymous
Let's create this scenario (using geeklog 1.3.9 sr1)

1) I assign z admin to moderate z topic. That is, I give edit access to z admin group.

2) I give member access to z topic

3) I assign y admin to moderate y topic and I give member access to that group.

4) The problem I have is that while members of the y admin group have moderation rights to y topic ONLY. They can still post directly to z topic.

5) I believe that submit.php should direct stories entered by members ,who do not have moderation rights to a topic , to the submission queue.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:36 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content