Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 07:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Exclude my login from site stat counters?

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Is there a way to currently exclude my site's admin user account from recording hits to the site? Everytime I edit a page, or insert new content I'm artificially exploding my site's stats... I think by myself I account for over 1000 hits to my site - and it's been live less than a week.

vadertech

Forum User
What would be the difference than if I went to your site and hit refresh 1000 times? My point is, in my opinion, the hit counter is kinda useless since it just shows generic hits. For ex., if you refresh your browser, searchbots, etc. Why not use the visitor stats plugin and that way you can see not only every hit to your site but also the ip address and http referrers. This plugin can also be set to not log your hits to the site. Also, wouldn't you rather see how many hits you get in a day, week, or month rather than total hits?
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

elect

Forum User
Chatty
If YOU go to my site and hit refresh 1000 times then they are hits that someone other than I generate - which gives me a different number than when I am hitting my system 1000 times in a week. And I'm not interested in the plugin unless it can exclude my username from affecting the site stats - which it doesn't do, unfortunately, or I'd already be using it.

vadertech

Forum User
Quote by elect:And I'm not interested in the plugin unless it can exclude my username from affecting the site stats - which it doesn't do, unfortunately, or I'd already be using it.

I don't know what plugin you're talking about but the one I mentioned gives you the option to exclude username and/or ip address.

Quote by Vadertech:This plugin can also be set to not log your hits to the site.

Did you miss this part?
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Gee, you're just a barrel of bright friendly responses aren't you?

If this is the same stats plugin I used on my last GL site - no thanks, it was less useful for me than the current standard. I'll take a look but if it's what I think it is I'll just do something else.

Mu Satach

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
this one?

it automatically excludes the ip and the user who installs it, plus you can add any other ip's or users you don't want to track.
Ni!

vadertech

Forum User
Quote by elect: Gee, you're just a barrel of bright friendly responses aren't you?.

I was just trying to offer you help. Next time I see you post though, I will let it sink to the bottom.

Tootles.

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
curious
Hmmm, did that link go to a real trojan horse? That would be real crappy if it did...

knuff

Forum User
Ayyy.

Don´t click on Vadertechs link as allthough I fully understand his feelings on the crapy remark of elect, it does try to download two trojans (whether harmless or not).

So if you wanna try the link make sure your on access scanner is activated.

Vadertech, I suggest you remove the link Mr. Green

Greetz,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

vadertech

Forum User
what? I dont think it was any trojans. Just posting the flash animation. But I removed it anyway.

vadertech

Forum User
doh..i use firefox with NAV and zonealarm updated and it didn't say anything. I pull it up in internet explorer and it gives trojan warning. sorry that wasnt my intentions. That just shows IE's vulnerbilities.

knuff

Forum User
Ay, two simple Trojans are called by the Flash Animation.

See screenshot here

Anyway, back to the real topic.
Installed the plugin today and works like a charm Mr. Green
Thanks for the hint

Greetz,
Boris
Vanrillaer.com - our Family Portal

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content