Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 16 2024 @ 04:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Web accessibility question for blind users

adunne

Forum User
I've constructed a site that will be used by at least one blind person. This individual informed me that it's very helpful if the login input field could be first in the page's tab order since she navigates around the page by tabbing. However, I'm not sure how to set the tab order of the login text field. Loginform.thtml controls the "Try Logging In Again" page, so that doesn't work. I'm guessing I have to alter the COM_startBlock function on line 2217 of lib-common.php that draws the User Functions block.

Can someone give me guidance on altering this PHP code, so that the input fields contain either a tabindex or accesskey parameter?

Thanks!

machinari

Forum User
Quote by adunne: Loginform.thtml controls the "Try Logging In Again" page, so that doesn't work.

actually, submitloginrequired.thtml is the file that shows the "try logging in again" page and is called from users.php.

by default, loginform.thtml is the file used for the login fields within the userfunctions block. so setting the tabindex="1" attribute in the first input field should work.
having tried it, in fact, it does. puts your cursor immediately inside the username field ready to type.

hope that helps

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content