Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 11:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

First time installing a plugin (help!)

alleyvandal

Forum User
Hi all,

I am a brand new Geeklog user and I love the content management sytem, and I think it Rules!

I now want to learn how to install plugins. Every website needs a forum, so I figured I would start there. I read the "How to install Plugins - READ ME" file in this forum and looked at the images. I am just having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what files I need to copy and place in the plugin related subdirectories? .. The tutorial doesn't say. And should all of the subdirectories be named "forum"?

Step 1 was easy, step 2 confuses me, and step 3 lost me completely? ..hehe Banging your head

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Jeff

tstockma

Forum User
Just emailed you my "procedure" for forum, HTH! Tell me yes/no/ouch-fu/whatever.
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

Blaine

Forum User
Jeff,

Have a read as well on the How to install a plugin documentation that is part of the Geeklog Documentation project.

It also has annontated images helping to explain the overal GL site structure and terminology.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

alleyvandal

Forum User
Thanks Tom, but I am still so lost!

I am not too experienced at installing scripts and such. The only reason I was able to install Geeklog is because my web host has Fantastico "one click" script installer in my cpanel.

I just wish I could figure this rocket science out, but it is not looking too promising for poor old Barn Sad ..haha

Quote by tstockma: Just emailed you my "procedure" for forum, HTH! Tell me yes/no/ouch-fu/whatever.

tstockma

Forum User

Hmmmmm!

Barney, ol' buddy, you're right, this doesn't sound very hopeful. This is not a one-click install, I'm suprised any ISP in the land would even present geeklog as a click-n-play application at all.

;-p
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

alleyvandal

Forum User
My web host is very cool!

They have a bunch of "one click" install content management scripts like php-nuke, phpwebsite, xoops, postnuke, siteframes, geeklog, and more!

I have installed all of them and got pretty good at some of them. I like phpwebsite, and xoops a lot, but I really like geeklog more because of how it allows you to edit the site menu and content blocks/modules with html . I think Geeklog is the most customizable of all of them and that is great! ... I just wish I could figure out how to install the plugins? because if I could I would probably stick with geeklog for my CMS of choice.

Thanks for all of your help guys! Wink

Quote by tstockma:
Hmmmmm!

Barney, ol' buddy, you're right, this doesn't sound very hopeful. This is not a one-click install, I'm suprised any ISP in the land would even present geeklog as a click-n-play application at all.

;-p

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content