Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 10:44 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Complete n00b here needs help with intergrating.

ProperMethodz

Forum User
caffeinated
Can someone help me
Here is the situation. I already have a site up (here) and have installed geeklog in a "portal" directory (here).

Read the FAQ I went through my list of options for possible web portals and this seemed to be the best. My host offers cpanel so the installation through fantastico was rather simple.

So I now have it installed and it's running. The thing is that I'm completely stupid as to how to get this thing to interact with my current db and forums.

I'm hoping to be able to have geeklog completly inherit all the attributes of my site, and don't mind doing the work to achieve this. But, I need some guidance as to where I should start in these massive forums.

My site is running vBulliten if that matters. I'm pretty sure it dosn't considering that all the information is pulled from the SQL database anyway. I just need to understand how to admin this thing to interact properly with my DB.

praying it will work Would someone please use my post as a "Dummies Guide to Installing Geeklog on an Existing Database"?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ProperMethodz: My site is running vBulliten if that matters. I'm pretty sure it dosn't considering that all the information is pulled from the SQL database anyway. I just need to understand how to admin this thing to interact properly with my DB.

I don't think there is a working integration for vBulletin available, so you'll either have to convert your data over somehow or set up your site so that the two co-exist. The problem with the latter approach being that you end up with two separate user bases and your users will have to register with both systems and log in twice ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:44 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content