Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

forum 2.3.2 error - after successful install

elect

Forum User
Chatty
I successfully installed the forum plugin, used the plugins install link in admin settings to set it up - it went fine.

When I clicked the "Forum" link in the geeklog admin box (the box on the left) I get the following error message:

Template Error: set_root: mysitename/layout/mythemename/forum/layout/admin is not a directory.
Halted.

I have installed the forum and navbar folders to my layout/themename/ directory. But, I do not have a folder called "admin" within the /themename/forum/layout directory so I don't understand this error message.

Assistance is appreciated.

**Edit: Also, while I do have the forum link in my admin box on the left, I did NOT get a forum link in the header for my theme. Yes, I did update the theme's css file.

Also, when I look at my geeklog site's plugin block - I see that version numbers are listed - I don't know if it's significant that the plugin version for the "forum_2.3.2_1.3.9" installation (that whas the name of the file I downloaded here) says version 1.3.8 (under the Geeklog version) in this block, my other two plugins say version 1.3.10

And, in case it matters... after moving all the folders from their default location after the tarball unzip, I am left with the following in the geeklog/plugins/forum folder (exists outside the document root folder):

directories of: language, sql, templates, userupdates
files: changelogs, config.php, debug.php, functions.inc, and the install.html

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Nevermind... I went looking at the index.php file that was resulting in the error and it led me to the discovery that some of my files did not upload properly

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content