Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 12:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

theme error

elect

Forum User
Chatty
sad
I just installed Geeklog - version 1.3.11 and then tried to add the old bundle of themes.

My site works fine under Professional theme, but any attempt to switch to another theme results in this error:

Template Error: filename: file /layout/themname/archivestorytext.thtml does not exist.
Halted.

If someone can let me know what I need to be modifying in the files so that I can get these to work, I'd appreciate it.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by elect: Template Error: filename: file /layout//archivestorytext.thtml does not exist.
Halted.

The theme name is missing here (between the "layout" and the "archivestory").

There should be one directory for every theme you've installed in your layout directory. Something must have gone wrong there ...

bye, Dirk

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Yeah I tried to substitut the themename with a generic "mysite" encased in brackets in my post, didn't come out right tho. I edited the post so it reads better.

In any case, yes I have a seperate folder for each theme, and the themename in this particular case was "classic" - which does appear where you indicated in the actual error message.

drshakagee

Forum User
In each theme just duplicate the storytext.thtml and rename it to archivestorytext.thtml, and duplicate the storybodytext.thtml and rename it to archivestorybodytext.thtml

That should work.
Yes I am mental.

elect

Forum User
Chatty
Awesome, that did the trick.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

NCochise

Anonymous
Installed an additional theme Smooth_Blue and of course Professional was the default that came with geeklog. I thought everything was fine, but even when I set the admin's pref theme to Smooth_Blue, everytime a new user signs on, they are taken to the default Professional theme. They can once they are signed in, go to prefs and change their theme, but I want the Smooth-Blue theme to be the default so everyone who signs in gets that theme.

I attempted to rename the professional folder and when I did that everything crashed. So I renamed the folder professional and all was well again.

How do I make Smooth_Blue the default theme that everyone, even new sign ons get to see?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

NCochise

Anonymous
Dirk!!!

Thanks man! So simple and yet so distant from my mind. Working on 38 hours without sleep and though I did search the Config.php, not that I knew what I was looking for, but I did wander down to see if there was anything familiar or LOGICAL and I missed the entire secton on Prefs. Silly me!

Your link gave me what I needed. Thanks!

I appreciate that.

Nino

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content