Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:58 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Omg, please help me ....Awwww

shrimp134

Forum User
angry
Ok, again, I went into my config.php file by using my cpanel's edit file feature, it opens up a new window with the files text in it...all I did was change the site name from like "another nifty geeklog site" to my slogan.....thats all and then went to the bottom and pressed "save file", now when I open up my home page .......it does this again on the top.....
Text Formatted Code

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/shrimp/config.php:761) in /home2/shrimp/system/lib-sessions.php on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/shrimp/config.php:761) in /home2/shrimp/system/lib-sessions.php on line 200

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/shrimp/config.php:761) in /home2/shrimp/public_html/lib-common.php(973) : eval()'d code on line 1

I know this is a simple fix, but last night I tried to save the file config.php to my computer and open it with notepad and also "gridinsoft notepad" and deleted the extra lines, and pressed save and then ftp'd the new file and replaced the old config.php on my server, and then geeklog didnt work anymore....so can anyone tell me what to do!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
* sigh * Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ...

If the editor you're using is causing you problems then use another one. Cpanel is notorious for this.

bye, Dirk

shrimp134

Forum User
Quote by Dirk: * sigh * Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by ...

If the editor you're using is causing you problems then use another one. Cpanel is notorious for this.

bye, Dirk

Dirk I know its causing problems...so what I did was transfer the file to my pc and opened it with the programs I stated in my other post and just pressed save.....but then it didnt work.....I dont know what to do....or actually what "whitespace" is?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by shrimp134: I dont know what to do....or actually what "whitespace" is?

It's all in that FAQ entry. Please read it ...

bye, Dirk

shrimp134

Forum User
Dirk, Like I said, I dl'd a different php editor *gridinsoft* and opened the file and deleted the blank lines below.....saved it and then ftp'd it back to my server...but it totally wacked up geeklog so i had to reinstalll....do I have to do something special since its a .php file?

shrimp134

Forum User
Please...Bump......

use search

Anonymous
easiest way to explain it...

when you edit a file, even if u don't make a change, some editors will add a blank line below the closing tag.
Text Formatted Code
?>  <--- this is the closing tag

place your cursor below the closing tag and hit your backspace key until your cursor is on the same line as the closing tag.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:58 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content