rustylw

Anonymous
I've read and searched the relevant sites. And, outside of oscommerce, I can't find anyone who has done a block or a plug-in for doing an on-line store. Is there anything out there?

Btw, I attmpted to download the oscommerce thing, but apparently that url is wrong or the site is down. I've tried for a few days now.

Thanks,
Rustylw

newblogger

Forum User
Regular Poster
try zen-cart zen-cart is based on oscommerce but is alot easier to configure and customize, they also have a css verison in the works. Being that zen-cart is based on oscommerce the plug-in may work. I have asked this same question earlier, and have not received very much feedback, search the forum for geeklog on steriods. zen-cart. if you want i can show you some sites running zen-cart and you can see how great they look. good luck. Anybody knowing anything about the oscommerce plugin or have it working at their site drop a link here, so i can see it in action. Thanks everyone.
Got Hot wheels? http://www.dcmotoring.com

beewee

Forum User
I remember that someone is making a shopping basket in zClassifieds, you might try a forum search.

Other options:
install an e-commerce script and import it with a I-frame in a static page. This only works for not-logged users I guess or you could get a cookie problem.

You could also wrap Geeklog aruound that e-commerce script with the External pages plugin. Then you couldl still get the cookie problem.

But: I happen to have the tarball (about 3.5 MCool on my harddisk, so please send me a e-mail with your e-mailadress and I can mail it to you.....
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

drshakagee

Forum User
Here is the osC plugin running in Geeklog at IMO.name.
I have made a ton of advancements to the osC plugin but I guess people are having troubles installing it on some servers. I don't have the time or energy to support this plugin for non-paying clients so I doubt it will ever make a regular release. I will provide the latest version of the plugin to anyone who wants it, but I can't give much time to support issues. Send me a PM and I will send you the plugin.

On a side note: This plugin doesn't work with the professional theme (without a minor change to the theme's header.thtml file), but every other theme I have tried works great. This plugin requires GD support to be enabled on your server, and some people have reported quite a few issues running this plugin on a windows server. If your server has all this covered then the plugin should work fine for you.

Skip this next part if you don't want to read me rant a bit.

As for the reasons the support site is down; I made a ton of graphics, icons and did quite a bit of work creating the site, and a specific geeklog developer apparently believes he owns the rights to exclusively use "GL" in his plugin names, and doesn't want anyone else to use "GL", I don't want to piss anyone off so I dropped the site. I don't have time to redo my graphics and I am quite miffed that someone feels they have the right to tell others they can't use the abbreviation of the product name in the name of a plugin for that product. Perhaps one day I will take the time to redo my graphics and re-write all the info for the site but I doubt it since I will be quite busy with paying projects for the foreseeable future.
Yes I am mental.

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Quote by drshakagee:
As for the reasons the support site is down; I made a ton of graphics, icons and did quite a bit of work creating the site, and a specific geeklog developer apparently believes he owns the rights to exclusively use "GL" in his plugin names, and doesn't want anyone else to use "GL", I don't want to piss anyone off so I dropped the site. I don't have time to redo my graphics and I am quite miffed that someone feels they have the right to tell others they can't use the abbreviation of the product name in the name of a plugin for that product. Perhaps one day I will take the time to redo my graphics and re-write all the info for the site but I doubt it since I will be quite busy with paying projects for the foreseeable future.

Hey Doc as you know I am using the GL-OSc plugin on a site that I am developing now. I have to say that it is my opinion that the GL representing Geeklog is probably OK to use on any plugin.

Maybe I will change the name of my main plugin to GL-CafePress in defiance of that. Maybe if for instance machinari used SP (for Summit Pages) or Blaine used PP (for Portal Parts) or I used SD (for ScurvyDawg) I think everyone would honour that, but GL?

No way that is just not cool. GL is what we all call GeekLog as an abbreviation and I do not think anyone could claim ownership of that specific abbreviation except maybe Dirk.Besides all this it would not be fair for someone to claim that.

This is all just my opinion from reading through this one paragraph, I have no knowledge of the original conversation that you refer too.

tstockma

Forum User
Hey Doc, how many graphics are "a ton"? I might be able to churn out some for ya, this sounds so good I hate to see it go away. If the task is one I'd take on, I'll ask you to send me the files you need to replace, so I can see if they're in my ability.

I appreciate your words about paying work being your priority...if I had more paying work I wouldn't be making this offer...!

Tom
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

newblogger

Forum User
Regular Poster
hey dr, i sent you a pm, i would like to get your gl-osc plug-in please.
Got Hot wheels? http://www.dcmotoring.com

Gavin

Anonymous
Quote by newblogger: hey dr, i sent you a pm

Heh yeah you and everyone else. I guess it was a mistake to say the PM thing and not just post a link to the download.

Like I said I am pretty strapped for time right now, but if you have any issues post them here to the forums, there are a few people who are currently using the plugin and I am sure can help.

Remember to install it just like any other plugin, there isn't much else to do.

There are two directories that you need to change the permissions to 777 on. public_html/store/images/ and public_html/store/images/cache/ I think if you use the banner features and other features that I personally don't use you might need to change the permissions on the images/banners/ folder as well, but it should give you a helpful error message if that is the case.

This plugin doesn't work with the professional theme. To make it work with the professional theme remove this line from the theme's header.thtml (its the first line in the file):

Text Formatted Code
<?php header ('Content-Type: text/html; charset={charset}'); ?>

Good luck! Oh yeah one more minor thing, I removed most of the default product images in order to make the download smaller so don't be alarmed when the default products don't have images.

You are also going to want to add this to your style sheet (of course adjusting it to match your current design) for your theme:
Text Formatted Code

/*
====================================================================================
OSC_GL Stuff
====================================================================================
*/

TD.headerNavigation {
  background-color: transparent;
        height: 15px;
        border-color: #000000;
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 0px;
        margin-bottom: 4px;
        padding-right: 5px;
                color: #888888;
                font-size: 10px;
                font-family: "Lucida Grande", arial, sans-serif;
                white-space: nowrap;
}

A.headerNavigation:hover {
  color: #ffffff;
}

TD.pageHeading, DIV.pageHeading {
  font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
  font-size: 20px;
  font-weight: bold;
  color: #FFFFFF;
}

TD.smallText, SPAN.smallText, P.smallText {
}

.infoBox {
        margin-top: -2px;
        background: #1B73B3;
        padding:3px;
        border-color:ffffff;
        border-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-style: solid;
}

.infoBoxContents {

}

.infoBoxNotice {
  background: #FF8E90;
}

.infoBoxNoticeContents {
  background: #FFE6E6;

}

.infoBoxHeading {
        font-size: 12px;
        font-weight: bold;
        margin-bottom: 3px;
        background: #59B2F3;
        padding: 2px;
        text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #3E3E3E;
        border-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-width: 1px;
        border-bottom-style: solid;
}

TD.infoBox, SPAN.infoBox {

}

.boxText { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; }

.main{
background-color: transparent;
}

.product-autotag-image{
text-align:center;
background:#59B2F3;
border:solid #666666 1px;
width:150px;
float:right;
margin:2px;
display: block;
clear:both;
}

.product-autotag-image a{
color: #0F619D;
}
.product-autotag-image a:hover{
color:#ffffff;
}

.product-centerblock-image{
text-align:center;
background:#59B2F3;
border:solid #ffffff 1px;
width:150px;
margin:2px;
display: block;
clear:both;
}

.product-centerblock-image a{
color: #0F619D;
}
.product-centerblock-image a:hover{
color:#ffffff;
}

Lunarex

Anonymous
I have loaded the osc plugin on my site and I am having a couple of errors that I don't know how to handle.

If you go to the site you will see what I mean: http://www.bassdaddy.com/geeklog/public_html

Any insight will be most appreciative.

Thanks.

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Seems to be working what are the issues?

Read the above post if your talking about there being no images he says above that there are few images.

Try to be a little more specific add some products and play around in the admin area.

Lunarex

Anonymous
Hey ScurvyDawg,

Apparently I am the only one that can see the two blocks on the right.

One says New Products and within that block it says: "Something is wrong with the blockid that you entered. Fix this. Otherwise there could be issues
Block is not of Portal Type."

The second one is called Latest News and it says the same thing.

I know about there not being any images so that the plug in would download faster.

I was just wondering what I did wrong.

Also, where does it get the T-shirt and Music heading. I couldn't find it in the administration section. If it is there I am overlooking it really bad.

Thanks,
Lunarex

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I think some of the info your looking for is in the functions.inc in the plugins/store directory.

thats also where the block ids come from.

all of that data is coming from the functions.inc I think thats where you need to spend your time.

I hope that helps.

ExactSameProblem

Anonymous
I have the exact same problem. Anybody care to enlighten us?

Another exact same problem..

Anonymous
I also have the same exact problem...I am running GL 1.3.11 with GL menu. But the guy that posted before is not running GL menu.
I do not know what it is...Can someone assist ?

please reply to mjh55_98@yahoo.com

thanks
mjh

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
can someone post the correct link to the gl osc plugin? the link posted earlier is broken.

thanks,
jonathan

trenchteam

Forum User
Regular Poster
yep, I cant get to it either. This is the perferct solution for a site Im building.

drshakagee

Forum User
Quote by greenhil: can someone post the correct link to the gl osc plugin? the link posted earlier is broken.

thanks,
jonathan

Try this link.

Good luck.
Yes I am mental.

xucaen

Anonymous
Quote by drshakagee:
Quote by greenhil: can someone post the correct link to the gl osc plugin? the link posted earlier is broken.

thanks,
jonathan

Try this link.

Good luck.

When I started the install, and got to the point where I was ready to edit the config.php file, I opened it up in vim, and the entire source code is all on one line, including all the comments! I can not edit this file. vim reports there are no end of line characters. I have to say that this file, and quite possible all the files, have been correupted.

mugen

Forum User
Chatty
Hi, is this plugin stable? Any geeklog sites out there using this plugin? I want to know it's stable before installing this for a live site.

Thx, mugen
cedko.com -- Cartoonin' The World :)

mugen

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by mugen: Hi, is this plugin stable? Any geeklog sites out there using this plugin? I want to know it's stable before installing this for a live site.

Thx, mugen

Hi, I'm trying this out on a test site running GL 1.4 ver. After copying all the files to the related directories and following the above instructions and the instructions in the install file, I can see the 'install' command under the plugins admin area. But when I click the 'install' link, I get a blank page? The plugin is also not installed. Pls advise.

Thx, mugen
cedko.com -- Cartoonin' The World :)

Page navigation