Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
hi..i have searched the forums but havent found a identical issue...

i moved hosts and ran 1.3.10 from Fantastico and then created a blank db, uploaded my backup from site, changed config.php files to point to the correct db, modified url path to temp url until i rename name servers, added all plugin files (did not run install) and fixed a bunch of common error msgs that i was expecting - most related to looking for plugin files -...any way - now i am getting this error msg: An SQL error has occured. Please see error.log for details.

the problem is - the last error message points to a common issue that i resolved (it was looking for the 'stats' files under plugins)

So if i am at a loss about how to trouble shoot this one since i dont seem to have a msg in the error log to track...?

thanks in advance - FYI- i plan on upgradng to .11 once i get the basics working

jonathan

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
found the correct error log...and found the error but i am not that proficient in mysql / phpmyadmin

to know exactly what to do

error: Tue Jan 25 09:09:40 2005 - 1146: Table 'godekalb_godekalbGL.gl_vars' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT value FROM gl_vars WHERE name = 'stats_name'

thanks

machinari

Forum User
what version was the backed up database that you used?
you would be better off to create the db, add the backup--First! then install gl selecting the 'upgrade database' option rather than the 'new database'--all that without using fantastico.
Just my two cents

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
thanks for the good advice...here is where i am at now...

i am getting what appears to be a syntax error in mysql version 5.03.alpha

SELECT sp_id,sp_content,sp_title,sp_format,sp_php,sp_inblock FROM gl_staticpage WHERE (sp_centerblock = 1) AND (sp_where = 0) AND ((sp_tid = 'none') OR (sp_tid = 'all')) AND (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sp_id

any ideas? thanks in advance

greenhil

Forum User
Chatty
RESOLVED! on to the next issue
thanks

=MF=Hack

Forum User
Junior
Can someone enlighten me as to what the solution is. I installed 1.3.11, dropped the DB, brought over my 1.3.10 DB, ran upgrade from 1.3.10 to 1.3.11. Install gave me a success page but I get a SQL error when I go to my home page. The error log lists the same error as above.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by =MF=Hack: The error log lists the same error as above.

Well, the error message from above was that the gl_vars table didn't exist. You should have such a table if you brought over your database from a working install ...

bye, Dirk

GP

Anonymous
I have the same problem. GL was running fine, then one day:

Text Formatted Code
Tue Jul  4 13:44:08 2006 - 1146: Table 'geopleor_geople.gl_vars' doesn't exist. SQL in question: UPDATE gl_vars SET value = value + 1 WHERE name = 'totalhits'

gl_vars DOES exist; I checked it. It's right there where it should be. I checked all the tables with phpMyAdmin and all are fine.

I think it's a path problem. "geopleor_geople" is a different database. It should be looking in "geopleor_glmain".

This error occurs when I run a static page that is attempting to open "geopleor_geople". It was all running fine. I didn't touch it, then today a user informed me it was broken.

Everything else on GL seems to work fine. Just anytime I try to open a DB from a staticpage.

BTW, I am running on iPowerweb.com.

GP

Anonymous
I fixed it. I had been using the account username/password for DB access in my static pages and it was working fine. Apparently something changed on the host, because to fix it I created an admin user for the database and used that in my mysql_pconnect statement and that worked fine.

What is odd is the rest of GL is still working, and I'm fairly certain I specified the account username/password for db access in the install. Oh well.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content