Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 04:34 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't log in as Admin or create new users

John Cain

Anonymous
confused
Just finished installing geeklog-1.3.11 on a mac running 10.3.7 with the default version of Apache (1.3.33) along with PHP 5.0.3. and MySQL 4.1.3.

Permissions for the files mentioned in the docs were changed to 777 and I've modified my php.ini file (/usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini) so "register_globals = On". I also did that for a php.ini file I found in the "etc" directory too. Plus, I've checked my config.php file for whitespace, since I've read that might cuase problems.

Sadly, I can't get things to work. Geeklog seemed to install fine but I'm unable to log in with the default account (login = Admin, password = password) or create new accounts. I don't see how its a cookie issue since it occurs regardless of what machine or browser I try to login on.

Any ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Have you worked your way through the FAQ yet? I can't log in.

bye, Dirk

John Cain

Anonymous
confused
Quote by Dirk: Have you worked your way through the FAQ yet? I can't log in.

bye, Dirk

Yep... to answer all the question from the FAQ you mentioned...

1) My browser, along will all of the others I've tried on multiple computer, accept cookies.
2) No proxy or firewalls in place... can't access you from localhost.
3) No frame forwarding
4) Just the single Geeklog in place
5) Removed all whitespace from files
6) No previous versions of Geeklog were in place.

John Cain

Anonymous
cheerful
Solved the problem..... I deleted my php.ini file and suddenly I could log in. Of course, by doing this my register_globals defaulted to "off" so I created a new php.ini file that only included the setting "register_globals = On" and everything seems to be working. Weird.....

lesur

Anonymous
confused
Indeed. I was having the same problem and none of the other suggestions worked for me either. I howver am running FreeBSD. Once I deleted my php.ini file and created a new one with just the following two lines all worked.

[PHP]
register_globals=On

trinity

Forum User
Regular Poster
we had this same problem when moving to php5. It would apere that there is an option in the default php.ini that geeklog needs that is not in the recomended production php.ini file. We are trying to determin what this is and we will report back to the frum on what option it is.
glFusion - Technology Fused with Style - www.gllabs.org

r_f_o_t

Forum User
Quote by trinity: we had this same problem when moving to php5. It would apere that there is an option in the default php.ini that geeklog needs that is not in the recomended production php.ini file. We are trying to determin what this is and we will report back to the frum on what option it is.

I don't use php5, but from the FAQ, I know you need register_long_arrays = On for v5.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

ravage

Forum User
had also moved to PHP 5 and lost login functionality. What i found was the the default install for PHP 5 on Fedora Core 4 did not allow for the HTTP_XXXX_VARS SuperGlobals to be created by default. What I did was to rename all the HTTP_XXXX_VARS references to _XXXX.

For example
HTTP_POST_VARS => _POST
HTTP_GET_VARS => _GET

This solved my problem right away and my previously working geeklog site was back up again.

I've made a small PHP script to do this for all files. If anyone wants it then let me know and i'll send it to you.
send requests to ravago at gmail dot com

Twolf

Anonymous
I had a similar problem after my upgrade to Fedora Core 4 on GeekLog 1.3.11sr1. However, after changing register_globals=On and register_long_arrays = On I still could not log in. The solution is to restart httpd for the changes to take effect. After that it worked fine.

Thanks, Twolf

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:34 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content