Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

New SQL Database for Forum

FatMan

Anonymous
I'm new to Geeklog so I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.

I have a Geeklog site and I'm thinking about adding a forum with the forum plugin and installing the phpbb bridge add-on. My question is if I have to buy an additional sql database or can I use the same one? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by FatMan: I have a Geeklog site and I'm thinking about adding a forum with the forum plugin and installing the phpbb bridge add-on.

Please note that the forum plugin and the phpBBBridge are two separate things (unless you want to run two forums at once ...).

Quote by FatMan: My question is if I have to buy an additional sql database or can I use the same one?

The forum plugin actually requires the forum tables to be in the same database. Not quite sure about the phpBBBridge, but I think it's the same there.

bye, Dirk

Turias

Forum User
Quote by Dirk:
The forum plugin actually requires the forum tables to be in the same database. Not quite sure about the phpBBBridge, but I think it's the same there.

Yep, Dirk is right. The phpBBBridge requires the Geeklog and phpBB tables to all be in the same database.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content