Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:01 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

problem mailing AOL users from GL

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
After nearly 2 years of advertising my mail list to the tri-state area i realized TODAY that more than 50% of my list never gets my emails

AOL blocks all but the first email sent from my site, even if i change the form fields before sending.

is there a way to get around this for my site's members?

thank you,
- Christian

jlawrence

Forum User
Chatty
What does the message from AOL say when it's blocking you emails ?
www.plymouthcricketclub.com - providing cricket for all ages in the Plymouth area.

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by jlawrence: What does the message from AOL say when it's blocking you emails ?

there is no message, otherwise i would have known of this 2 years ago.

today an aol member asked why they didnt get my email, i looked into the situation to realize that aol blocks (my) geeklog email - without the aol user knowing about it!

i went as far as registering with aol myself to see the same problem - no notice whatsoever, just blockes it completely and according to my gl site all members were a success.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Which option are you using to send the emails? Try using 'smtp", as that is the least likely to be regarded as spam.

On the other hand, it sounds like AOL has a filter in place that considers identical posts to different AOL users to be spam. And there's probably nothing you can do against that (other than suggesting to your users to use a decent email service ...). AOL has a history of overshooting when it comes to spam detection.

bye, Dirk

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Dirk: Which option are you using to send the emails? Try using 'smtp", as that is the least likely to be regarded as spam.

On the other hand, it sounds like AOL has a filter in place that considers identical posts to different AOL users to be spam. And there's probably nothing you can do against that (other than suggesting to your users to use a decent email service ...). AOL has a history of overshooting when it comes to spam detection.

bye, Dirk

aol should have been banned YEARS ago!! Just my two cents

bobtreu

Anonymous
Here is the answer:
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dnsnr.html

Have your ISP add reverse DNS to to the IP that your mail is coming from.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content