Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, March 29 2024 @ 01:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Css Question

Temptin

Anonymous
Well I almost have everything installed correctly. However I have noticed that the text color for stories is linked to the same Style entry as the forum entries.

I would like to use different colors for the text in the forum and the main site but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Ps I am a rookie so please speak slow and loud
Very Happy

machinari

Forum User
when you installed your forum, you copied css styles to your style sheet per theme that you intend to use. the color of the forum's font is declared in that copied style. look for "color: #000" or "color: #000000" or "color: #000033" etc.

Temptin

Anonymous
I went through the Styles I copied in and changed everything that you mentioned and a few other things however it still seems the text color is being controlled by the TD tag at the top of the original style sheet that came with the theme.

jetshack

Forum User
Ii was having some issues with the forum css for a site I'm working on.

I've been modifiying the project XU theme and could not get the forum css which came with the theme to work with forum ver 2.3.... xu was originally designed for gl ver 1.3.9 which came before forum 2.3...

I took the forum css from the professional theme off of the GL site and put that in place of the forum css that came with xu and Presto...

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content