Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 01:24 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

smtp help : (

Raspberry Kiwi

Anonymous
I have set up a little geeklog site for me and my friends on my old computer. I got everything working (apache , php , mysql) except i didnt have a mail sever. So i tried setting up my own smtp sever , i tried PostCast (free edition) and Free SMTP Sever , neither with any sucess ( i looked all though their FAQ pages and such). So next i tried to use my ISP's smtp sever , but i have sympatico and they use SSL authetication , so i think thats y it didnt work. Unless you know of a way to make it work?

I did a search on this forum for ppl with similar problems , most of the time if they fixed it they didnt say how or they found that their ISP works fine with it.

So my question is , is there anyone who is running a mail server that could recomend some software that they know works and if i run into problems i could ask them? or does anyone know of a free e-mail (like gmail or something) that allows for smtp that will work with geeklog? or does anyone have any other ideas that i havnt thought of? or does anyone have a smtp sever running that i could 'borrow'?

thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Raspberry Kiwi: So next i tried to use my ISP's smtp sever , but i have sympatico and they use SSL authetication , so i think thats y it didnt work. Unless you know of a way to make it work?

Set
Text Formatted Code
'auth'     => true,

You may also have to change the port number.

bye, Dirk

Raspberry Kiwi

Anonymous
ya i tried that with no luck

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:24 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content