Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 09:39 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Calendar 'event_state'

Cybass

Forum User
Hi!
I've modified the calendar for my needs but there is one small problem in the detail display wich makes me crazy.
I wana start an international site and changed the states in the config.php to countrys. The details show only the first 2 letters of the state. How can I show more letters?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've just added that in CVS. See here for some inspiration

bye, Dirk

Cybass

Forum User
I added the changes from the link you've posted but I can't see any changes. Do I have to change more?? Oh please, help this stupid guy!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, are you using the new variables names, like {event_state_name}, in your template files? Or what exactly is the problem?

bye, Dirk

Gojo

Forum User
I would like to remove the lines from the Add Event screen which call for the user to input their city, state, zip... etc... when adding an event, but I'm not sure the easiest way to do it.

Those lines are not desired for my purposes, but if there is no easy way, then I would like to add the word (OPTIONAL) next to the lines when displayed. Some of my users are confused if they have too many options. Rolling Eyes

Can anyone shed some light on this?

enigmah

Forum User
Chatty
To get more than the first 2 letters, you have to change the size of the database field.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Gojo: I would like to remove the lines from the Add Event screen which call for the user to input their city, state, zip... etc... when adding an event, but I'm not sure the easiest way to do it.

Those lines are not desired for my purposes, but if there is no easy way, then I would like to add the word (OPTIONAL) next to the lines when displayed.

Edit the submit/submitevent.thtml template file for your theme. Either add the word "optional" where you need it or make those input fields you don't need of type "hidden" and with a harmless default value.

bye, Dirk

Gojo

Forum User
Big Celebration Awesome! That was easy. Thank you!

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:39 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content