Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:47 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Allow users to edit their own stories?

Jurjen

Anonymous
caffeinated
Hi,

I am new to Geeklog and like it a lot. But there is one issue I could not find a solution for:

After a user has submitted a story, link or event there seems to be no way for him to edit it without help from the administrator.

Is there a setting or hack or anything to allow logged-in users to edit their own stuff? Or if there isn't, then perhaps a way to allow them to edit any story or event (regardless if it's their own)?

Thanks,
Jurjen.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Jurjen: After a user has submitted a story, link or event there seems to be no way for him to edit it without help from the administrator.

Correct. That is not supported.

Quote by Jurjen: Is there a setting or hack or anything to allow logged-in users to edit their own stuff? Or if there isn't, then perhaps a way to allow them to edit any story or event (regardless if it's their own)?

You can add them to the StoryAdmin (LinkAdmin, EventAdmin) group. But then they'll be able to edit most of other people's submissions.

Also see the FAQ: Setting up a Story Admin

bye, Dirk

Jurjen

Anonymous
cheerful
Thanks Dirk,

The Faq helped: Read and write permissions for the topic(s) was what I missed.

One improvement: instead of adding the user(s) to the Story Admin Group, I have added the event.edit and story.edit features to the "Logged-in Users" group (using the GroupAccessTool block from portalparts.com).

Now every user can edit his own stories and events, but not the stories/events owned by other users. Cool!

Is there a downside or risk I have overlooked?

Thanks again,
Jurjen.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:47 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content