Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 08:19 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

MyHeadlines

Freek

Forum User
Possibly a very stupid question, but how do I intergrate MyHeadlines in Geeklog?

Freek

Merlisk

Forum User
I don't think this is a stupid question. I just downloaded the code today and am trying to figure out how to integrate it into my site. The INSTALL.TXT says it's Geeklog compatible, but fails to tell how to incorporate it. It's easy if I wanted it to be standalone.

Per the announcement, it seems that it should be a Static Page, but I've no idea how to do that.

If you've any insight since your post, please let me know!
Merlisk

samstone

Forum User
Search the forum and you should find the previous discussion. I have done it long ago, but I've stopped using it. So I don't have it fresh in my mind.

And the author of MyHeadline is very helpful also.

Sam

destr0yr

Forum User
Quote by Freek: Possibly a very stupid question, but how do I intergrate MyHeadlines in Geeklog?

Freek

Grab the GL 1.3.x archive. Un-zip it to a temp directory. Copy or move the directory MYH_4_2_9_GL13X/public_html/MyHeadlines/ to /path/to/geeklog/public_html/. Point your browser to http://your.domain.tld/MyHeadlines/index.php and follow the INSTALL.txt provided.

I had a poop-load of include errors when I pointed my browser to the MYH index.php, so I added teh following directly below the require_once('../lib-common.php') (maybe somebody can comment on why I have this issue or if this is even a good idea):
Text Formatted Code

// Add MyHeadlines to include paths
    $curPHPIncludePath = ini_get( 'include_path' );
    if( defined( 'PATH_SEPARATOR' ))
    {
        $separator = PATH_SEPARATOR;
    }
    else
    {
         $separator = ';';
        if( strpos( $curPHPIncludePath, $separator ) === false )
        {
            $separator = ':';
        }
    }
    if( ini_set( 'include_path', '/home/okanagan/public_html/MyHeadlines/' . $separator
                                 . $curPHPIncludePath ) === false )

-- destr0yr
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -- Douglas Adams

Merlisk

Forum User
Wonderful! Big Celebration

That's exactly what I'd originally done, but I got worried when my right side PHP blocks disappeared.

They're still gone, but I can live with it. Smile
Merlisk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:19 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content