Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 05:03 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

peear::mail

marco

Anonymous

I have a problem: I can't use PEAR::mail on my site because www.altervista.org (it's the site that give me the web space for my site) not agreed me to use it
what can i do?
if someone has already resolved this problem, even just altervista.org
.......thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Geeklog ships with PEAR::Mail and will even use its own copy by default. Just leave

$_CONF['have_pear'] = false;

(as it is by default)

bye, Dirk

marco

Anonymous
Dirk but if i set like you said the server automatically block
:better

if I set

the server reply me

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /membri2/allright/public_html/lib-common.php on line 136

and if i set $_CONF['have_pear'] = true; or
however automatically the server do that , but so I cannot manage the change of password.
I can do something or at least I can change password in the code and if I can where
thanks

marco

Anonymous
Quote by marco: Dirk but if i set like you said the server automatically block

if I set

the server reply me

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /membri2/allright/public_html/lib-common.php on line 136

and if i set $_CONF['have_pear'] = true; or
however automatically the server do that , but so I cannot manage the change of password.
I can do something or at least I can change password in the code and if I can where
thanks Crying or Very sad

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by marco: Dirk but if i set like you said the server automatically block

if I set

the server reply me

Well in that case, you're out of luck.

Geeklog needs PEAR::Mail. Per default, it tries to use its own copy but for that to work, it has to call ini_set() which your hosting service seems to block. The fallback in that case is usually to use the PEAR packages installed on the server (i.e. $_CONF['have_pear'] = true). But if your hosting service doesn't have them installed, you can't use Geeklog there.

What reason do they give you for not installing the PEAR packages? Those have been part of the official PHP installation for some time now - it's not asking them to install some obscure scripts ...

If all else fails, use another hosting service.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:03 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content