Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 11:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Editing posted story

Microdome

Forum User
I hope you can help. I'm a newbie and I'm in a bit over my head Smile

My site is still in test mode, more or less, but I can't seem to edit stories that I've already posted. I've tried changing the story title, the time published and the mode of the editor (Story Admin, Logged In User etc.) but I continue to get "The ID you chose for this story is already in use. Please use another ID".

I Googled that error and found http://www.geeklog.net/docs/theme.html#changes but it instructs me to edit a file (admin/story/storyeditor.thtml) that doesn't exist, nor does that page tell me what to do to edit it if it were there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

trenchteam

Forum User
Regular Poster
I had the same problem and I solved it. Are you using a different template from the PRO template? Theres a couple files that need to be replaced if you using the other templates. I just took the professional template files and threw them into the older template. (IM USING A TEMPLATE FROM AXONZ) After that, I was able to edit the files flawlessly.

There is probrably an easier way, but this is what I did.

abc

Anonymous
Quote by trenchteam: I had the same problem and I solved it. Are you using a different template from the PRO template? Theres a couple files that need to be replaced if you using the other templates. I just took the professional template files and threw them into the older template. (IM USING A TEMPLATE FROM AXONZ) After that, I was able to edit the files flawlessly.

There is probrably an easier way, but this is what I did.

I did the same thing and it worked fine. Smile

Microdome

Anonymous
Thanks guys, once I figured out what you meant I got it fixed.

On the link I mentioned above it just mentioned adminstorystoryeditor.thtml, which I couldn't find. With your suggestion I found that file under layout_pillsadmin and layoutprofessionaladmin. I copied the thtml file from pro to -pills and voila, problem solved.

Thanks again for the fast response and have a good Christmas!

Kevin

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content